I'm worried about this team....

Brion McClanahan

The race to the bottom is shaping up to be quite a competition. And it doesn’t look like primary Orioles contributors to this season are likely to be trade bait (they are nobodies), thus you can’t count on a post trade deadline collapse. It’s going to be interesting. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

The race to the bottom is shaping up to be quite a competition. And it doesn’t look like primary Orioles contributors to this season are likely to be trade bait (they are nobodies), thus you can’t count on a post trade deadline collapse. It’s going to be interesting. 

We didn’t really have a post trade deadline collapse last year.   We just played very slightly worse than before the deadline.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

We didn’t really have a post trade deadline collapse last year.   We just played very slightly worse than before the deadline.   

Yeah, I thought about going back and putting "collapse" in quotes! You can't really collapse when you are scraping bottom. At some point it is statistically impossible. 

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The team played slightly worse, but that was still an improvement over the abysmal showing before the trade deadline.  

This is more like it. The team played to expectations today. Davis was back to his usual self, the team forgot how to hit for most of the game, and the pen gave up a timely home run. The only problem: John Means did not get the memo. That guy needs to spend a little more time with Bundy in order to work on his HR rate. One run over 5 innings is not acceptable. But overall a good day. The Royals and Rockies both got or will get Ws and the Os pull closer to that elusive worst record. Heck, with Tiger Woods winning the Masters today, the Os can party like its 1998-2011.

I believe in this team (being really bad).  Other than the improvement in fielding they are a worse team than last year.  Playing the Yankees, Red Sox and Rays 57 times this year guarantees 100 losses, IMO.  The only team I can see competing for the #1 pick is the Marlins.  The O's need to keep the prospects in the minors until the All-Star break and trade anyone of value before the deadline.  Might get something nice for Villar and Givens.  Maybe Trumbo will come back healthy and be traded for salary relief.  ?  It would take a good prospect no doubt--from the O's. 

That #1 pick is ours!  :clap:

On 4/12/2019 at 11:50 AM, bobmc said:

You really need to @Moose Milligan and @Can of Corn to get their true sentiments more rapidly but you, my friend, are not one of the true prospects here, alas!  But I commend you for speechifying and raising the glass!  ?  I do love your posts, however!  *sigh*  #mancrush 

Aww Bob :x:grouphug:

On 4/12/2019 at 2:05 PM, Can_of_corn said:

I saw it almost as soon as it was posted but I was too overwhelmed by the sentiment to respond.

My goal in life is to see you irrationally exuberant about something.  Come on, try looking stupid once in a while, it's actually kind of fun.

1 minute ago, Barnaby Graves said:

Aww Bob :x:grouphug:

My goal in life is to see you irrationally exuberant about something.  Come on, try looking stupid once in a while, it's actually kind of fun.

I was pretty stoked when they picked Wieters.

But I guess that was pretty rational.

Your best bet to see me exuberant about something is to follow the music pages.  I get going a bit when I find a new band or when an old band does something interesting.

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Your best bet to see me exuberant about something is to follow the music pages.  I get going a bit when I find a new band or when an old band does something interesting.

That's fair, I've always valued your levelheadedness and thoughtfulness, and I mean that sincerely.

But I'd pay blood to watch your live reaction to that Delmon Young double.  I mean I was at work and I started screaming lol.

28 minutes ago, Barnaby Graves said:

That's fair, I've always valued your levelheadedness and thoughtfulness, and I mean that sincerely.

But I'd pay blood to watch your live reaction to that Delmon Young double.  I mean I was at work and I started screaming lol.

@Can of Corn never forgave Delmon for the MiLB bat throwing incident to enjoy any of that good stuff.  And later, his drunken NYC transgression further clouded his altruism regarding DY.  But I'd love to hear when and how he reacted to a positive Oriole incident that he didn't previously expect.

58 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

Those numbers do not match up.

Well, if the O's go 15-42 against the Yankees, Red Sox, and Rays, they would have to win 48 out of 105 games out of the balance of their schedule (a .457 winning percentage).  The O's could be a better team than say the Royals and still end up with a worse record due to much tougher competition.

On 4/14/2019 at 7:50 PM, Can_of_corn said:

Like the Glenn Miller Band?

Archived