Wright DFA, Ynoa is up

eddie83

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Not quite $2 mm in the bank.   He has less than 3 years service time so it’s more like $1.5 mm before taxes.   But still, not bad.  

It’s a hell of a lot better than someone that made 33 thousand a year. 

Obviously way past time, but I do feel bad for Wright. He makes his full salary for the year, right? If so, then that's a good parting gift. I hope he was smart with his signing bonus ($363,000) and this year's salary. 

P.S. I missed the posts where you guys discussed his pay. 

5 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

It’s a hell of a lot better than someone that made 33 thousand a year. 

Exactly. It’s up to Wright on how a manages his finances. Also has the potential to try and extend his baseball career.

Now watch the Astros turn him into a legitimate weapon out of the bullpen. 

28 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Exactly. It’s up to Wright on how a manages his finances. Also has the potential to try and extend his baseball career.

Now watch the Astros turn him into a legitimate weapon out of the bullpen. 

Saving this for when Mike Wright pitches in the 8th of Gane 7 to help lock down the World Series for them this year.

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Who had Easter Sunday for the day they DFA'd Mike Wright? The Orioles selected the contract of Gabriel Ynoa to replace the struggling reliever. I guess that Spring training media driven "confidence" thing was a little overblown a bit? Nothing personal, but this was long overdue.

I had Easter Sunday as the day the Orioles DFA'd Mike Wright.  Sadly, it was Easter Day 2017, and today only drives the last few years home again.  I certainly wish him no personal ill.  And I do hope he passes through waivers and can be sent somewhere to figure something out.

Whether it's not missing bats, or simply finding too much plate, he will never be serviceable if he can't change that fact.  Since 2019 seems to be the year of redemption (UVA, Tiger Woods) perhaps this can be the bottom for Mike Wright and he can figure it out.  But as many have noted already, even in a time when there is a definite lack of arms in Baltimore.  It was past time to move on.

Ynoa it's true.

Archived