Dominican Summer League

Enjoy Terror

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty ignorant of the international side of things. I was wondering why you never hear about any pitchers coming from there. I think the Yankees actually have a lot of flame throwers from there though, and obviously Severino. I guess it's just more rare, I wonder what the Yankees are doing differently.

47 minutes ago, Spl51 said:

I'm pretty ignorant of the international side of things. I was wondering why you never hear about any pitchers coming from there. I think the Yankees actually have a lot of flame throwers from there though, and obviously Severino. I guess it's just more rare, I wonder what the Yankees are doing differently.

$$$ and brand recognition will get you the best of the best if you want it bad enough.

33 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I updated the second post in this thread. Should be a complete list of active international signings. Does not include players signed by other clubs first.

FWIW, Koby Perez was hired 1/2/19.    Might be worth noting on your chart.   Looks like we signed 2 guys after Elias was hired but before Perez was hired.    Have to wonder if those two were in the works before Elias arrived, as I can’t imagine he was doing anything on the international front other than looking for an international scouting director.