Hess pitching for his spot?

wildcard

1 minute ago, interloper said:

The thing is we literally were JUST talking about Bundy in the same way this thread is talking about Hess. So it seems we're only ever 1 good start away from removing a guy from the SP chopping block. 

I say let's pump the brakes. 

I say let's see that one good start.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Things are getting  weird.

10 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Yes.  The # of earned runs is the most important thing to me.

2ER should meet your criteria, I apologize if I misinterpreted the # sign for number rather than pound, it’s tough to tell on the internet. 

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Starters are beginning to go deeper in games.  There is some talk of going to a 4 man bench.   One of the pitchers could be sent down.    

Davis Hess could be a candidate to move out of the rotation if he has trouble vs the Red Sox.  Ramirez is ready to be added to the rotation after going 4.2 innings in relief.   Hess could go to pen or to Norfolk if he has a bad games tonight.  I think Phillips is also vulnerable to being sent down.  Hyde has been using Castro in short outing and he has responded well.  I think he stays.

The extra position player could be Mullins who would play center.   Wilkerson is showing well in the outfield and could move to right.  That could improve the outfield defense.  Mancini to DH.   Nunez is slumping and could be cut back to just facing lefties.

Santander and Hays looms in the future but not now.  More likely in June.

Just guessing here.   I think all eyes will be on Hess tonight. I hope he does well.

Mancini to first. Nunez the DH and Davis bench. I agree with you about outfield. 

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

Starters are beginning to go deeper in games.  There is some talk of going to a 4 man bench.   One of the pitchers could be sent down.    

Davis Hess could be a candidate to move out of the rotation if he has trouble vs the Red Sox.  Ramirez is ready to be added to the rotation after going 4.2 innings in relief.   Hess could go to pen or to Norfolk if he has a bad games tonight.  I think Phillips is also vulnerable to being sent down.  Hyde has been using Castro in short outing and he has responded well.  I think he stays.

The extra position player could be Mullins who would play center.   Wilkerson is showing well in the outfield and could move to right.  That could improve the outfield defense.  Mancini to DH.   Nunez is slumping and could be cut back to just facing lefties.

Santander and Hays looms in the future but not now.  More likely in June.

Just guessing here.   I think all eyes will be on Hess tonight. I hope he does well.

SSS king is at it again. :D

Nunez is in a slump. He's not getting cut back to just facing lefties anytime soon. He's one of the team's best young hitters. With Wilkerson playing well in center and hitting, he's staying there and will probably see the bulk of the playing time for now.

Hess might be moved out of the rotation once Cobb returns, but for now, I don't see him getting sent down unless he's bombed consistently. Ynoa would be ahead of Ramirez if they were going to add a starter from within in my mind. I like both of them out of the pen though I'm still open to Ynoa getting a shot at starting again.

Mancini has been decent defensively in RF so there's no emergency to move him out of their anytime soon.

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

SSS king is at it again. :D

Nunez is in a slump. He's not getting cut back to just facing lefties anytime soon. He's one of the team's best young hitters. With Wilkerson playing well in center and hitting, he's staying there and will probably see the bulk of the playing time for now.

Hess might be moved out of the rotation once Cobb returns, but for now, I don't see him getting sent down unless he's bombed consistently. Ynoa would be ahead of Ramirez if they were going to add a starter from within in my mind. I like both of them out of the pen though I'm still open to Ynoa getting a shot at starting again.

Mancini has been decent defensively in RF so there's no emergency to move him out of their anytime soon.

I think Villar is in danger if he doesn't hit a GS again tonight. The bar has been set.

Straily has been worse than Hess. Hess has shown some flashes. Straily is gone after this year. He won't fetch anything at the trade deadline either. Why start him over Ynoa/Ramirez/Hess? 

The whole point of this year is to evaluate young talent. If 2019 is not the year to see what fringe prospects have, when is? If we never give them a chance and just keep the Straily's in the lineup we'll be rebuilding forever.    

Archived