New Rosenthal article on Orioles woes

Going Underground

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, atomic said:

Liking quality food makes me a snob?  

No, but the attitude that the best food is in the city is a snob statement.  And also, when you consider that there are MORE restaurants in the city, of course there are going to be a greater number of quality restaurants in the city.  It's like those dumb statistic that people love to rattle off "most shark attacks take place less than a mile from shore" well, yeah, that's where the people are.  "Most car accidents take place 10 miles from someone's home" well, yeah that's where you do most of your driving.

Plus, I like giving you a hard time.

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

No, but the attitude that the best food is in the city is a snob statement.  And also, when you consider that there are MORE restaurants in the city, of course there are going to be a greater number of quality restaurants in the city.  It's like those dumb statistic that people love to rattle off "most shark attacks take place less than a mile from shore" well, yeah, that's where the people are.  "Most car accidents take place 10 miles from someone's home" well, yeah that's where you do most of your driving.

Plus, I like giving you a hard time.

Baltimore County's population is greater than Baltimore City population.  Also if you go to Baltimore Magazine rating of the top 50 restaurants most of them are in the city.  I think suburban and rural people just don't care that much about the quality of the food they are eating. If someone wants to let me know about good restaurants in the county I would be more than happy to keep them in mind. 

The only two things I learned were that the O's actually haven't submitted an ASG bid, and that they have not notified MLB of ownership changes.  Both of those things are interesting.

The rest is typical losing season nonsense.  There are a whole bunch of teams with tumbling attendance, many of them with attendance levels similar to or worse than the Orioles, and many of them without losing as an excuse (Tampa, Cleveland, etc.).  The O's are not going anywhere, and the MASN stuff is a legal p*ssing contest.

24 minutes ago, byrdz said:

No, no he didn't. 

He mentioned that even though the league asked many months ago for the Orioles to tell them whom was in charge the club still hasn't responded. Also mentioned that the reason team hasn't been considered for an all-star game is because they haven't asked because they are using it is a negotiating tool with the state for improvements to the stadium.

I don't really see what improvements would be necessary for the stadium.  Seems like they just want to waste taxpayer money. 

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

Baltimore County's population is greater than Baltimore City population.  Also if you go to Baltimore Magazine rating of the top 50 restaurants most of them are in the city.  I think suburban and rural people just don't care that much about the quality of the food they are eating. If someone wants to let me know about good restaurants in the county I would be more than happy to keep them in mind. 

Yeah you see lots of chains (Macaroni Grills, Chili's, etc) in the suburbs most often but there are hidden gems in any small town.

Drum Roll

Seams that 105.7 did some fake news

https://awfulannouncing.com/mlb/orioles-radio-station-vegas-move-rumor.html

. @1057TheFan allows our guests a platform to speak on their areas of expertise. Guests that choose to use that platform to throw out non-credible rumors, “heard through the grapevine” fail to meet that level.

6 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Sunset, G &M, Olive Grove, Furnace Inn,

I have been to Elkridge Furnace Inn a bunch of times and that does qualify as good restaurant IMHO.  G&M to me was just Ok. Haven't been to the other two.  I am guessing you live south of the city.  

9 minutes ago, atomic said:

I have been to Elkridge Furnace Inn a bunch of times and that does qualify as good restaurant IMHO.  G&M to me was just Ok. Haven't been to the other two.  I am guessing you live south of the city.  

G&M to me is a tight squeeze, lots of tables, but the crab cakes are some of the best that I have ever had, and usually great service. Olive Grove is near G&M, so I usually settle there. But, the tables packed in, reminds me of Chick and Ruths in Annapolis.

Sunset is really good, you need to try it and as good as dining as I had found anywhere else in Md, including their crab cakes.

Baltimore is fine for dinning, but usually a hassle, as I am south of the city.

I have been to Foco Da Chao a few times and its hard to beat their food, but you have to admit, its pricey there, even with the free valet parking

I am sure, if you visit the same location enough, you will find nights, where their best wasn't as good as it normally is.

G&M to me is a tight squeeze, lots of tables, but the crab cakes are some of the best that I have ever had, and usually great service. Olive Grove is near G&M, so I usually settle there. But, the tables packed in, reminds me of Chick and Ruths in Annapolis.

Sunset is really good, you need to try it and as good as dining as I had found anywhere else in Md, including their crab cakes.

I have been to Foco Da Chao a few times and its hard to beat their food, but you have to admit, its pricey there, even with the free valet parking

I am sure, if you visit the same location enough, you will find nights, where their best wasn't as good as it normally is.

I have eaten at Fogo De Chao a couple of times because other people wanted to go there (Bachelor Party once). I don't eat beef or pork so it is pretty pointless for me to go there.  They have a decent salad bar.  

Have been to Olive Grove, G&M, Sunset and Snyders (old and new). All have a very old time feel. There are some good dishes (the cream of crab at Sunset is awesome, but a cup is more than enough), but I wouldn't refer to any as particularly gourmet.

1 minute ago, LookinUp said:

Have been to Olive Grove, G&M, Sunset and Snyders (old and new). All have a very old time feel. There are some good dishes (the cream of crab at Sunset is awesome, but a cup is more than enough), but I wouldn't refer to any as particularly gourmet.

Depends on how you was raised, and what your personal palatee is, personally, I dont like alot of the newer stuff out, buts me. Im old school steak and tator guy

Archived