vs. INDIANS, 5/18

OFFNY

I can get playing Stevie Wilkerson in CF.  

I can get having Joey Rickard in the lineup.

But could someone tell me why we would have Joey Rickard in the lineup, and have Stevie Wilkerson playing CF?

If Joey Rickard isn't here to play CF, what is he here for?  

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Three Run Homer said:

I can get playing Stevie Wilkerson in CF.  

I can get having Joey Rickard in the lineup.

But could someone tell me why we would have Joey Rickard in the lineup, and have Stevie Wilkerson playing CF?

If Joey Rickard isn't here to play CF, what is he here for?  

Trying to get Wilkerson his reps in Center field is all.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Trying to get Wilkerson his reps in Center field is all.

This. Joey's not really a CFer either but he has some experience there already. Mice well get Stevie some reps too, til Cedric gets back up...

:rofl!: I meant Hays. End of this year, and next year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I don’t consider a 4 o’clock game a night game. He also caught Wednesday night and Thursday day this week. Moral of the story is McCann will start 4 games in 7 days because he is Burnes preferred catcher.
    • It is absolutely possible. In 2022, the Mets gave a QO to Bassitt, Nikki, and DeGrom. The Red Sox gave a QO to Boegarts and Eovaldi. The Yankees gave a QO to Judge and Rizzo. The Dodgers gave a QO to Turner and Anderson. I know that it seems to be a foregone conclusion that Santander will not be on the team after this season, and while I generally agree that it is more probable than not that he will not be re-signed, I do think there is a non-zero chance that he will be retained. I think he is the most likely of Mullins, Hays, and himself to be retained, even if it is a small chance. The team has told us how they feel about his bat because he plays essentially everyday, and I have heard Kostka say that they value his clubhouse presence.
    • Santander won’t get a QO, and if he did, he would accept. His defense is declining and we have too many capable youngsters who should replace him effectively. But to your question, I don’t know if there’s a limit, but I doubt it.
    • O's will probably have to wait till July for a trade because there are so many more buyers than sellers.  I think teams like the Blue Jays, Rays Tigers and Mets are likely to be sellers but they are still in the race although not very good teams as constituted. 
    • No Scott. He’s way too undependable. We need someone who WON’T enter a game and walk folks like he’s promoting a healthy lifestyle. He’s been a lot bette4 this season, but he’s too undependable, and we already have too many of those. No Flaherty either. That’s like taking your GF back after she cheated on you.
    • The team's continued success has really put Elias on the spot IMO and I don't see a Flaherty type as an option anymore.  My money is on a sensible trade that comes at a price high enough that most of us here, including myself, won't like, but a premium comes with having bad luck and that's where the O's are at the moment.
    • I would be very surprised if every last one of the GM's Elias talks to about quality starting pitching doesn't start by asking about Westburg and the rest.  Again, I think it's a mistake to believe that the O's have a ton of leverage here.  They certainly have some, and Elias is smart and disciplined, but I don't see any bargains.  I especially don't see the luxury of acting like youth and multiple years of control is any kind of rigid starting point for the O's.
  • Popular Contributors