The Silver Lining Report: Game 48/162 (O's lose 11-4)

interloper

These are getting a little more challenging...

• Stevie Wilkerson: The adjustment is coming for Stevie, but in the meantime he's been weirdly good. Another home run in this one, a 3-run bomb. And another "good" catch in CF. 

• Josh Lucas: Did what he was supposed to do, which was eat innings. 3 of them, to be exact, with 5 Ks. He allowed 2 runs, but you know, whatever!

• Richard Bleier: A nice, clean inning. Would be great if Dick finds it again.

• Hanser Alberto: BABIP be damned! Another 2 hits as Hanser continues to flirt with .300. 

• Trey Mancini: A 2-hit game for Trey. He's still OPSing in the .900s.

• Better defense: No embarrassing little league plays in this game. Well, ok Hanser dropped a foul pop-up, BUT OTHER THAN THAT. They turned a nice double play. 

• 2020 Draft Watch: Miami is 14-31 to our 15-33. We have more losses but a better win % .313 to .311. 

Alberto is the one guy who could be a real deal kind of player.  He has an over .300 average in 1000 at bats in Triple A. I know it was in the PCL and he never walked but as he can play just about anywhere on the field and play decent defense I think he will stick around.

6 hours ago, interloper said:

These are getting a little more challenging...

My first thought before I opened up this latest version. Not only is any shine basically gone from this scrappy ML team, but almost all players of note are in the minors at this point. 

Good on you for keeping it going tho. Perhaps things will get spicier with promotions, trades, and a Chris Davis hot streak. 

2 hours ago, Bubble Buddy said:

My first thought before I opened up this latest version. Not only is any shine basically gone from this scrappy ML team, but almost all players of note are in the minors at this point. 

Good on you for keeping it going tho. Perhaps things will get spicier with promotions, trades, and a Chris Davis hot streak. 

I think the hot streak already happened. Unless you mean another one is coming. 

4 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I think the hot streak already happened. Unless you mean another one is coming. 

I was thinking hypothetically if he was able to ride this low out and then vault himself into the 750 OPS range. Definitely looks rough right now after a nice little run. 

Archived