2019 Trade Deadline

sportsfan8703

56 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Not sure why the Reds are giving up multiple top prospects plus Puig for 1.5 seasons of Trevor Bauer. 

Maybe they think they can make a real run next year and that Bauer will put him over the edge. 

Maybe they hired Dan Duquette?

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Philip said:

I’m surprise they want him at all, he’s a hothead. And giving up Bauer for him? There sure must be more to it than immediately apparent.

They gave up a year and a half of Bauer for a young cheap power hitting DH/COF, a top 100 LHP prospect, a decent AA pitching prospect, a low minors lottery ticket, and Puig. 

I find it funny referring to Puig as a hothead with no mention of Bauer's antics. He just threw a temper tantrum on the mound the other day. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

They gave up a year and a half of Bauer for a young cheap power hitting DH/COF, a top 100 LHP prospect, a decent AA pitching prospect, a low minors lottery ticket, and Puig. 

I find it funny referring to Puig as a hothead with no mention of Bauer's antics. He just threw a temper tantrum on the mound the other day. 

Yes, he threw a ball into the center field bleachers, if I understand. And Puig has been involved in how many incidents? More than one.

the trade was complicated, I wasn’t sure what Cleveland was getting back in addition to Puig, nor who was going where. But Puig is undoubtedly a hothead. Bauer did something stupid. Unless Bauer also has a history of such things, the two are not comparable.

7 minutes ago, Philip said:

Yes, he threw a ball into the center field bleachers, if I understand. And Puig has been involved in how many incidents? More than one.

the trade was complicated, I wasn’t sure what Cleveland was getting back in addition to Puig, nor who was going where. But Puig is undoubtedly a hothead. Bauer did something stupid. Unless Bauer also has a history of such things, the two are not comparable.

Bauer most definitely has a history of being a hot head/has off field concerns.

Kind of shocking you don't know that honestly.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Philip said:

I'm not familiar with everything Puig has done, so you can fill me in if I'm mistaken, but isn't it his tendency of charging the mound when he gets beaned and believes it to be intentional the main troublesome thing he does. 

• Upvote 1