Sara Perlman leaving

Legend_Of_Joey

13 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I thought she did a good job. She's very natural at interviewing, which was her actual job. Hopefully for her she's on to bigger and better things.

She's an attractive, intelligent young lady who has the natural ability to talk on camera without prompts. I'm guessing she's going to end up just fine in a bigger market/scene.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Philip said:

So? Her chats were inane and interrupted the game. During the game I want to watch the game, not watch her chat with random fans, or players. That’s what post-game interviews are for. The radio and TV guys provide facts and color and that’s more than enough. She served no purpose and one can only hope the experiment is over.

So. Many. Jokes. Must. Not. Type. 

1 hour ago, WalkWithElias said:

You very clearly stated her value was her looks and not her intellectual contributions to the broadcast which probably says more about you than it does about her. 

Best of luck to Sara. 

Ah so everyone's been saying shes the best part about the Orioles season because of her interviewing skills.

I mean honestly, intellectual contributions? Telling me that Davis has been working on his swing? The guys in the clubhouse are really getting along? 

Wish her the best, she seems like a wonderful person. I agree that we aren't at some horrible loss by not having a sideline reporter now.

It sounds like I'm probably going against the grain a bit, but I never really thought she brought much to the table in terms of insight. Basically just a pretty face holding a microphone. Her twitter feed / posts also seemed pretty superficial to me.  She always seemed to be promoting herself as much as she was the team. All that said I'm probably not being fair because in my mind I'm comparing her to to Britt Ghirolli who was extremely knowledgeable and an actual journalist. 

2 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

You very clearly stated her value was her looks and not her intellectual contributions to the broadcast which probably says more about you than it does about her. 

Best of luck to Sara. 

Yep.  Too late to back away from that one Philip.

She was a sideline reporter and did a fine job of it.  I wish her the best at her next endeavor.  Hopefully there won't be too many Philips at her next stop.

Someone find me examples of sideline reporters bringing great contributions to the table.  It's almost always fluff or holding a microphone up for a coach who's going to talk in cliches.  They exist only to change it up a bit and give the broadcast a different feel at times.  

22 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

She probably got a better opportunity then being a sideline reporter for the worse team in baseball. I agree though the timing is a bit weird since it's in the middle of a season, but I don't know if she had a contract similar to the broadcasters or not. 

I'm thinking NFL or college football. The timing works perfectly for leaving the team right now. 

19 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Someone find me examples of sideline reporters bringing great contributions to the table.  It's almost always fluff or holding a microphone up for a coach who's going to talk in cliches.  They exist only to change it up a bit and give the broadcast a different feel at times.  

The only time I think sideline reporters bring anything substantive is in basketball when they listen in to what the coaches say during timeouts and then report it when play resumes.    But as you say, just changing up the broadcast a little can have value even if no substance is really added.    

2 hours ago, Yardball85 said:

Yep.  Too late to back away from that one Philip.

She was a sideline reporter and did a fine job of it.  I wish her the best at her next endeavor.  Hopefully there won't be too many Philips at her next stop.

I’m not backing away from anything, I think she was as intellectual as big bird. I don’t care, the only thing that really bothered me was the fact that she was frequently talking over gameplay, and her presence indicated and a lot of confidence in the actual product.

The time for interviews is after the game or before the game and not during the game.

But it doesn’t matter. She’s gone, and she will either be replaced with someone equally skilled, or not, and life goes on.

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm thinking NFL or college football. The timing works perfectly for leaving the team right now. 

NFL and College Football season doesn't start for another month. Would it be that difficult to wait one more month before leaving? 

14 minutes ago, TINSTAAPP said:

NFL and College Football season doesn't start for another month. Would it be that difficult to wait one more month before leaving? 

She's need to get herself in game shape (i.e., work on her tan) ;)

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. 

Archived