What if Mancini/Santander/Núñez are actually this good?

Frobby

Mancini .280/.339/.534

Santander .304/.344/.509

Nunez .256/.326/.521

That is really a pretty nice 2/3/4.    Mancini and Núñez have been doing it pretty much all year.    Santander has kind of come out of nowhere, though he looked like he had the potential for this if things went right when we chose him in the Rule 5 draft.    

If this turned out to be about the norm for those three, that would be a decent offensive core to build around.   Santander has shown himself to be a decent defender, too.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Mancini .280/.339/.534

Santander .304/.344/.509

Nunez .256/.326/.521

That is really a pretty nice 2/3/4.    Mancini and Núñez have been doing it pretty much all year.    Santander has kind of come out of nowhere, though he looked like he had the potential for this if things went right when we chose him in the Rule 5 draft.    

If this turned out to be about the norm for those three, that would be a decent offensive core to build around.   Santander has shown himself to be a decent defender, too.

FWIW Markakis said it takes 1500 ABs to figure out who you are.

22 minutes ago, VaBird1 said:

FWIW Markakis said it takes 1500 ABs to figure out who you are.

I don’t think it was Markakis who came up with that.   I probably heard that 30-40 years ago.   And Nick would have been better off staying who he was before he reached 1500 at bats.   

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

You could also make a case for Severino.

.279/.345/.477/.823

Though I guess drafting Rutschman kinda takes him out of the equation. I wonder what kind of trade value Severino will have this winter if he finishes strong.

But-- we still need two good catchers. Sisco is more of the question mark, or a third option.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I don’t think it was Markakis who came up with that.   I probably heard that 30-40 years ago.   And Nick would have been better off staying who he was before he reached 1500 at bats.   

I thought it was Terry Crowley who said it. 

17 minutes ago, now said:

But-- we still need two good catchers. Sisco is more of the question mark, or a third option.

Severino is 25 and has .5 rWAR for his career

Sisco is 24 years old and has .6 rWAR for his career

I don't see where one is more of a question mark over the other.  Severino has played more but both are under 500 at bats.