Chris Davis, 2019

OFFNY

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You know, a GM could use something like this if wanted to get owner approval to make a change.

There was the Sun article about players that back Hyde and how he talks out.  

Part of me wonders if Davis doesn't buy in, other players are getting frustrated and Hyde is stepping up beef with Davis to force the issue.  

Big leap at this point, but it's where my brain went.

Chris Davis just bought a permanent spot on the end of the bench if logic plays any part in the decision making.

The Orioles need to see what Mancini looks like at 1B for the rest of the year.

That has a bearing on what glove Mountcastle learns to use.

He is described as athletic so maybe COF is a better spot but that depends on if they view Mancini as 1B next year

We don't know what happened in the dugout that preceded this issue, but when a team has been as bad as we've been these past two years, frustrations tend to boil over. I can't imagine how infuriating it must be for Hyde to see this level of ineptitude, especially with a bullpen that is tragically bad. Even more so I can't imagine how difficult it must be for Chris Davis to deal with being the butt of joke after joke during his historically awful play. Sure, he's being paid a LOT of money to play this bad, but he's still a human being, and a good one from all reports.  We may never know what was said between them, and I'm okay with that.  While there may be more to this than an angry exchange, I strongly anticipate both men will move past this. They're professionals and moving past it is how these things normally play out.  

Edit: I missed Davis' lack of hustle on the foul ball, but just saw that.  Not a good look on his part, but perhaps the field was wet and he was playing it safe?  Whatever, Davis' defense tonight may have irked Hyde. Just a guess.

More Edit: Just read from Roch that Davis threw something in the dugout that somehow hit Hyde.  This is a very bad look for Davis. Hyde had every right to respond.  I hope the Angelos' allow for Elias to release Davis. It's the right thing to do.

• Upvote 1

On 8/4/2019 at 6:58 PM, spiritof66 said:

I think there may be a pattern there. I'll try to apply some complex modeling techniques to see whether I can discern one, and will report back if I do come up with anything. 

:rolleyes: 

I've got the boys down in the lab working on it right now.  There's got to be a clue in there somewhere.  If only we could see it.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, weams said:

Ok. This is what my old friend Malcolm Allen says on it. And I definitely would say he is accurate. 

Oh man back in the good old days when Delmarva was one step away from Baltimore. 

I cant believe we’re going to make Davis go through another ST. He’s going to cost us a 40 man roster spot all offseason. That could go to a guy with real talent like Ryan Eades. 

• Upvote 1