Chris Davis, 2019

OFFNY

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Hint: that was just an example of the headaches of spending half the year living out of a suitcase.  Even a gold-encrusted one.

And the biggest thing is the thought process when you are no longer playing. I believe that’s the biggest element.

As long as you give him ABs and playing time. He won’t even consider it.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, I know people like your manager.    But I’m definitely not that way.   I traveled a ton when my kids were small, and while I enjoyed many of the trips themselves, I really hated being away from my family so much.   Plus, I used up all my political capital with my wife.    It’s not like I could be on the road two weeks, come home and then say, “I’m going out to play poker with my buddies!”    No sir.

I remember going on a work trip for a week or so when my oldest was about a year old, my wife was pregnant with #2 and not enjoying it, and we were working on buying land for a house.  All the political capital was gone.  For a good while.

26 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I was listening to 105.6. Haney said that the Orioles expecting Davis to be in Sarasota.

Said that they have placed demands on him this offseason. They didn’t elaborate on the changes. 

Sounds like one final chance to prove himself next spring training. And there is a plan to hold Davis accountable and  just let him make up some story about working out with a hitting coach. 

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Sounds like one final chance to prove himself next spring training. And there is a plan to hold Davis accountable and  just let him make up some story about working out with a hitting coach. 

Or what they release him and have to pay him?

Pretty sure Davis can show up looking like Bro Thor and the O's can't do anything about it.

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Or what they release him and have to pay him?

Pretty sure Davis can show up looking like Bro Thor and the O's can't do anything about it.

Well there is that too, but it would appear the Orioles are going to make one last good faith effort to see if Davis has anything left in the tank. I think it's a waste of time, and Davis at best is now a .200 hitter who might hit 20 home runs in 500 at bats. 

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Well there is that too, but it would appear the Orioles are going to make one last good faith effort to see if Davis has anything left in the tank. I think it's a waste of time, and Davis at best is now a .200 hitter who might hit 20 home runs in 500 at bats. 

I read it as The owners won't let Elias cut him so they are trying to get him to actually prepare for the season.

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Give him another spring training to prove he is worthless and then cut him.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I read it as The owners won't let Elias cut him so they are trying to get him to actually prepare for the season.

I don’t. So that cancels us both out. Someone else will have to now make the pronouncement. 

BTW Brady has not been a VP since spring and is simply and advisor on strength and conditioning. 

Just now, weams said:

I don’t. So that cancels us both out. Someone else will have to now make the pronouncement. 

BTW Brady has not been a VP since spring and is simply and advisor on strength and conditioning. 

I advocated his position should be similarly that for a couple years. At the time, I thought even Head of Strength and Conditioning,. Or, whatever got him out of the baseball ops arena.