José Rondón, not Stewart, Activated onto 25-man Roster

LA2

13 hours ago, Philip said:

Elias has excellent eyes. I don’t understand his logic and I dislike intensely Nunez at 3B and Peterson anywhere, but if he refuses to bring up Stewart there must be a good reason.

wish we knew what it is.

Brandon Hyde is filling out the lineup card not Elias. 

13 hours ago, Philip said:

Considering he was free, I suppose that yes, he was worth the acquisition. However, churning the roster with one lateral move after another lateral move serves very little purpose. And Martin Isn’t going anywhere until after the season. He may be designated in November, but his spot is safe till then.

Martin can be sent down after the season he was a rule five and certainly has at least an option or 2 once he clears rule 5 status.

9 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I’m not saying Elias dictates to Hyde, but I’m pretty sure they discuss what the long term objectives are and general concepts of who should get playing time at what positions and in what situations.    I don’t think you’ll see Elias adding guys to the roster who then get buried on the bench for extended periods of time.   

35 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

That is entirely correct, but Elias is the guy who is supplying the personnel. I strongly feel that the manager should be in charge of the guys on his 25 man roster, but apparently that is not the case.

30 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Martin can be sent down after the season he was a rule five and certainly has at least an option or 2 once he clears rule 5 status.

I think he has all of his options, because he’s never been in the major leagues before, so has never had a need to use one of them. I think he will be eventually outrighted, but they’re going to wait and see who they pick up between now and February.

If you have not done so, watch some video of Rondon. He has a lot of defensive ability, as advertised. Very good quick soft hands and range, with about a 55-60 arm and average speed. The bat, well there is some pop there, mostly gap to gap, but he took Matt Boyd deep to RF on a pitch high and outside. 

I like the pickup, and I would like to see him play quite a bit just to see what he can do with regular reps. He might have a shot to be the starting 2B if Villar is not brought back in 2020. 

Edit: Never mind....