Why did Davis go after Hyde? He was not happy.

Snutchy

Just now, wildbillhiccup said:

Agreed, but doubt it’s for the year. The lack of humility is what kills me. Davis hasn’t earned the right to get upset about any criticism. He should take every insult right on the chin.

It’s insane. Davis should be able to swallow his medicine like a big boy. If he had a problem with Hyde take it up with him after the game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It’s insane. Davis should be able to swallow his medicine like a big boy. If he had a problem with Hyde take it up with him after the game. 

Unfortunately his ego hasn’t shrunk with his production. Seriously though, I don’t think Elias is going to tolerate him being a negative clubhouse influence. This might be the best thing that ever happened and force them to  make a hard decision,

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Unfortunately his ego hasn’t shrunk with his production. Seriously though, I don’t think Elias is going to tolerate him being a negative clubhouse influence. This might be the best thing that ever happened and force them to  make a hard decision,

You had a chance to mention his shrinking physique and you missed it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

I don't think there be will any suspension. Tempers flare sometimes and I bet they spin it like that.

Hyde's an honest guy so we'll see what he says. Big test for a first year manager here.

I can’t recall a single incident in recent years where a player has gone after his own manager. It’s even more embarrassing on a last place team. They literally have nothing to player for other than a high draft pick. 

5 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

This is how I see it playing out.

1) Suspended for 3 games

2) Benched for the rest of the season

3) Released in the off-season 

Obviously neither of those are gonna happen. They’ll gloss over it in the press conference. Davis claims he’s frustrated and admits his mistake. Story over

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Yes and at one point was a higher rated prospect in their system than Aaron Judge. It took awhile with the bat but he was always an amazing athlete with the ability for defensive wizardry. 
    • Does anybody know that he is an ex Yankee?
    • I put this ridiculousness in the game recap, but I think it belongs here as well.  Using AI you can really make some crazy stuff. 😂 https://suno.com/song/8f21dd9e-af4e-4284-9f23-c566260ca6ce
    • A buddy of mine made this with his AI. I figured I’d just put this here. 😂   https://suno.com/song/8f21dd9e-af4e-4284-9f23-c566260ca6ce
    • I was listening to MLB Prospects podcast last week. They talked about Gillen, and mentioned a lot about how he may be the best high school hitter. However, it’s a tough call where he’ll go because of a weak arm. They said the arm was injured, a right labrum, and his arm strength is not back after two years. So, probably wasn’t going to be a SS anyway when said and done due to size, maybe a 2B/LF or CF profile due to the weak arm and 60 speed. He was projected to maybe become the top high school player in the draft as a sophomore, but injured the shoulder and had some other injuries that have held him back. It is going to be interesting to see where Elias goes with picks 22 and 32. I would like to see Gillen there, but I think he’ll be gone. Kellon Lindsey is interesting, and maybe Billy Amick, along with one of the previous college hitters you mentioned will sneak through. Lindsey is rising fast.
    • A good friend of mine coaches college baseball.  He’s studied and dedicated his career to understanding how humans move. Not all humans move the same way.  An incredible talent could potentially be taught to move against his body’s preference and fail.  New wave progressive coaches understand how various body types work and the nuance to teach/coach them effectively.  
    • I'm still trying to figure out how this guy is out of the majors for 7 years and somehow manages to pick up 2 MPH on his fastball, at the age of 34.  But hey, I'm not complaining.   Statcast loves him so far this year.  Statcast thought he was a little unlucky in his last stint in the majors, and unsurprisingly they think he's getting a little lucky now, but even accounting for his good luck he's still in great pitcher territory.
  • Popular Contributors