Why did Davis go after Hyde? He was not happy.

Snutchy

4 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Hyde made some comments to the media yesterday about how the Orioles pitching in particular needs to improve. I didn't see it as throwing the team under the bus. It might be a little harsh for today's ball player, but Hyde did not call out any player by name. 

Nothing but the truth.  Its hard to find much positive to say about our pitching.

1 minute ago, Beef Supreme said:

Because of tonight's missed throw? I think that is doubtful here. Maybe for other reasons but not for a missing a shitty throw.

We probably will never know why....I haven't bashed Davis, but this is probably long overdue.  I loved Belanger as a kid, who was a beast in the field, but couldn't hit s***.  But he wasn't making $23 million a year either.

• Confused 1

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

Nothing but the truth.  Its hard to find much positive to say about our pitching.

I know you're not supposed to criticize ball players today to the press under any circumstances, but I don't think it was that bad. Hyde wasn't calling out individual players, that is a line you don't cross. 

5 minutes ago, Sessh said:

It was a low throw right at him. Any competent first baseman makes that play. Davis didn't even get a glove on it. The other play was bad as well. First basemen get low throws they have to scoop all the time. The ball was thrown right at him.

That is what is called a "throwing error."

8 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Hyde made some comments to the media yesterday about how the Orioles pitching in particular needs to improve. I didn't see it as throwing the team under the bus. It might be a little harsh for today's ball player, but Hyde did not call out any player by name. 

Yeah, AuburnAL already found it, Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, Sessh said:

He's not wrong. We have a long way to go.

He's not wrong. But I don't see how his comments are going to encourage the current players on this team to try their best when their manager is straight up saying that they aren't good enough to compete.

Straight up, the manager is the manager. He's in charge. It's completely understandable for him to be frustrated, but you don't vent publicly. Because you're the manager. You're supposed to be the leader, set the example, and be in charge.