vs. ASTROS, 8/10

OFFNY

1 minute ago, Sessh said:

He's thrown 130 innings in the majors since 2014 and couldn't pitch his way out of the minors in 2016 or 2017. At least there's some semblance of a tangible argument against Brooks here. He made his ML debut in 2014 and has gone nowhere fast ever since. Brooks should be better than this, but can't maintain command of his pitches.

Well I am a strong proponent of the idea of trends. If you’re trending better, you get a chance if you’re training worse, you may still get a chance but it’s a smaller chance. This guy has never proven himself. There must be some reason why he was picked off of waivers, but he hasn’t shown any reason to remain.

11 minutes ago, vatech1994 said:

They have just got to get Mancini out of the outfield.  He is atrocious.  Love the guy, but I could have caught the first ball this inning and there is no way Reddick should have been able to tag up.

We have one professional outfielder on our 25 man roster.

It's a sad situation.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

We have one professional outfielder on our 25-man roster.

It's a sad situation.

o

It's a sad, sad situation ........ and it's getting more and more absurd.

Elton John and Bernie Taupin, 1976

o

7 minutes ago, Sessh said:

At least there's some semblance of a tangible argument against Brooks here.

Given that all of our waiver claims are guys who were dumped by the previous teams, I’m much more interested in the argument in favor of having them. It’s possible that the only argument is that he’s better than what we have, but heavens, if Brooks is better than what we have, what we have is really lousy…