vs. ASTROS, 8/10

OFFNY

It's your duty as a parent to try and make things seem OK when they aren't, but it would be mighty hard to be at this game with a kid.

"If the Oriole Bird catches a ball its worth fifteen runs for us, you didn't know that"? Reminds me of when my friends father took him to a Reds minor league game in the late 80's and told him that Johnny Bench was catching for them now.

9 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Of course! Duh.

You’d be amazed how many of today’s kids can’t. I had one kid tell me my home phone was broken because it was making a strange sound, and I handed it back in exasperation and said, “that’s called a dial tone!”

1 minute ago, Philip said:

So I got a bunch of pushback when I suggested We had seen enough of Taylor Scott and should send him on his way.

Well, folks, have we seen enough now?

I've seen enough of most of these guys, really.

I understand the notion of wanting to see if there's something there, that maybe, for once, we can be the team that uncovers a diamond in someone else's trash.  Armstrong, for example.

But I've seen enough of Scott, Eshelman, Hess, etc.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Don't believe you.

That’s OK it’s true it really happened, in about 2013, when I still had a home phone.

Boy did I laugh… So now, making jokes about rotary phones is part of my shtick about being old.

And manual transmissions. The first car I ever drove was an automatic, and the first car I ever owned was an automatic, but the first several times I hit 100 miles an hour was in a manual. The only reason I’m not driving one right now is because my wife can’t drive them, And neither can anybody under 20 these days.

• Upvote 1