Time for the Os to Man Up

Brion McClanahan

I was really getting worried about this team out of the All Star Break. They were showing life, had a winning record, and were seemingly getting better. They won a few close games and were on a roll going into the first Yankees series. When would the madness stop?

Happy to say that this team has finally manned up and are back to being the best losing team they can be. The 1st pick is still in reach. Last night's game was beautiful.  A blown no-hitter, a terrible play at second to create a snowball inning, timely hitting by the other team to drive in runs, key strike outs by the Os with men on base. This was the 2019 Os I have grown to love. They lost to a terrible team in a terrible way, showing that they have the heart to finish the job they started early in the season.

September 13-16 is going to make the season. Can the Os prove that they have what it takes to be the worst team in baseball, or are they going to let the Tigers swoop in and take the trophy?

Hyde needs to get Davis on the field for every play for the remainder of the season. Time is running out. Failure to act now could result in the second pick. Don't let that happen.

1 hour ago, Brion McClanahan said:

I was really getting worried about this team out of the All Star Break. They were showing life, had a winning record, and were seemingly getting better. They won a few close games and were on a roll going into the first Yankees series. When would the madness stop?

Happy to say that this team has finally manned up and are back to being the best losing team they can be. The 1st pick is still in reach. Last night's game was beautiful.  A blown no-hitter, a terrible play at second to create a snowball inning, timely hitting by the other team to drive in runs, key strike outs by the Os with men on base. This was the 2019 Os I have grown to love. They lost to a terrible team in a terrible way, showing that they have the heart to finish the job they started early in the season.

September 13-16 is going to make the season. Can the Os prove that they have what it takes to be the worst team in baseball, or are they going to let the Tigers swoop in and take the trophy?

Hyde needs to get Davis on the field for every play for the remainder of the season. Time is running out. Failure to act now could result in the second pick. Don't let that happen.

Wow .... OK

1) I don’t think Hyde and the players are playing to lose. 

2) We know that the rebuild is first and foremost and there are 2-3 years minimum before things start to turn the corner. 

3) I don’t care if Davis plays and really hoping he retires or negotiated a buy out.

4) I still think we get a really good player at 1-3. I would’ve been happy with Whitt in this past draft.

4 hours ago, Brion McClanahan said:

I agree with the sentiment in this post. If we are going to suck then make it historical. While I may settle for top 3 this coming draft. What's the point. It's not worth it to me just to see them win an extra 2-3 meaningless games this year. Now next year 2020 (Kumar Rocker 2021 draft) they need to really suck and not let it be close. 

It starts with KC. We need to man down against them as much as possible over the next 5 games against them. Aside from those series, things are very hard until 9/13, when they become very easy (for normal teams). It's hard to imagine we overtake Detroit, but it's possible.

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Wow .... OK

1) I don’t think Hyde and the players are playing to lose. 

2) We know that the rebuild is first and foremost and there are 2-3 years minimum before things start to turn the corner. 

3) I don’t care if Davis plays and really hoping he retires or negotiated a buy out.

4) I still think we get a really good player at 1-3. I would’ve been happy with Whitt in this past draft.

It's a joke. Just having some fun! 

What if Gunnar turns out to be better than Witt jr, and Rutschman is a star? Getting the #1 overall last year was a huge boon to this organization's future, I hope the O's get it again. And to be honest I am not above outright tanking from here on out to get it.

9 minutes ago, Es4M11 said:

What if Gunnar turns out to be better than Witt jr, and Rutschman is a star? Getting the #1 overall last year was a huge boon to this organization's future, I hope the O's get it again. And to be honest I am not above outright tanking from here on out to get it.

Same. Whats the point of winning 53 games when you can win, let's say, 50 and get the #1 pick and guarantee Elias gets his guy. 

Rev up the tanks 

26 minutes ago, Es4M11 said:

So you were just joking with the opening post?

thanks for the clarification 

If there is some conspiracy to lose on purpose, any people involved should be banned from baseball

That said, there are certain decisions that Elias and Hyde could make, wherein you could justify not putting the absolute best team on the field possible which would increase the probablily of the Os losing games.  Which is bit different than losing on purpose.

Archived