As the decade ends, the 2 players who played the most games...

SteveA

Best I can tell, here are the decade leaders in a few select categories:

HR

Cruz 339

Encarnacion 331

Stanton 306

Pujols 287 

Trout 283

RBI

Pujols 953

Encarnacion 946

Cruz 944

Cabrera 934

Runs

Trout 899

Kinzler 879

McCutchen 868

Upton 833

Cano 819

Stolen Bases 

Gordon 327

R. Davis 322

Hamilton 298

Wins

Scherzer 159

Verlander 156

Kershaw 153

Greinke 151

Lester 146

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Chris Davis not too far behind on the HR list at 255 if the math in my head is correct.

Davis has 251 for the Orioles this decade, which is three behind Eddie's team record of 254 set in the 1980s.  Third place is Adam Jones, this decade, at 235.

Lee May led the 1970s Orioles in homers with 116.

• Upvote 1

Davis is 6th on the all time Orioles' home run list.  He had more homers in 2013 than Mickey Tettleton or Roberto Alomar did as Orioles, and as many as Nolan Reimold or Al Bumbry.

Trey Mancini is currently 36th, having recently passed Jeff Conine and Rick Dempsey.  Next up is Curt "Gold Glove Caliber" Blefary, then Luke Scott, Jackie Brandt, and Fred Lynn.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

So one good game and Davis has the record.

I think I’ll be rooting against Davis on this one.    I prefer for Eddie to hold that record.    It’s somewhat surprising he holds it, since he wasn’t on the O’s in 1989 and he missed 50 games in ‘81 due to a player strike (he led the AL that year with 22 homers).     But I guess lots of players don’t spend a full decade with one team even if they play more than ten years total for that team.

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think I’ll be rooting against Davis on this one.    I prefer for Eddie to hold that record.    It’s somewhat surprising he holds it, since he wasn’t on the O’s in 1989 and he missed 50 games in ‘81 due to a player strike (he led the AL that year with 22 homers).     But I guess lots of players don’t spend a full decade with one team even if they play more than ten years total for that team.

Paying attention to arbitrary decades gets us silly things like Jack Morris in the Hall.

9 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Paying attention to arbitrary decades gets us silly things like Jack Morris in the Hall.

I love arbitrary!   Jim Palmer won 186 games in the 1970s, the most of any pitcher that decade, beating out Tom Seaver and Steve Carlton, who each won 178.     

• Upvote 1