Austin Hays called up

Luke-OH

5 minutes ago, Philip said:

These last few comments have been mildly disappointing. I thought we had a Pillar that could hit, or a Cain who is young. Now it seems at best we have Adam Jones, an average glove and good bat but a lot OBP because he never walks. I loved AJ-and still do- but I was hoping Hays would be a different level.

Adam Jones had an Orioles hall of fame career with the O's.  I'm pretty sure we should all be happy if Hays can repeat Jones' career here.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I think he's a much better hitter when he's healthy, settled, and feeling good. He's having pretty good PAs right now at the big league level. He's crushing fastballs so I imagine he'll start to see an adjustment by pitchers to throw more offspeed pitches  in the future. That will be where we'll know whether he can make that adjustment at the big league level because that's what his struggles were on in the minors. 

Remember, this guy was a consensus top 100 prospect at one time and has a lot of talent. Most of his struggles were when he was trying to come back from time off due to freak injuries.

Yes,his first two years in the minors were really good.We shall see.We have seen the adjustments with Satander and he seems to keep trying to hit homers on every pitch.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Adam Jones had an Orioles hall of fame career with the O's.  I'm pretty sure we should all be happy if Hays can repeat Jones' career here.

I know we all want a young Mike Trout who signs a lifetime deal immediately. An MLB starting outfielder with good defense and speed would be more than ok. 

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Have you looked at his minor league stats?  Have you read the scouting reports?

Also, having a Jones type career is nothing to be disappointed about.

I would be happy.Fan favorite and helping the community. He still is way better then the other choices in center.No Stevie or the rest. 

2 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Yes,his first two years in the minors were really good.We shall see.We have seen the adjustments with Satander and he seems to keep trying to hit homers on every pitch.

Santanders' OPS+ is down to 101 for the season (505 OPS in Sept).  I'm sure part of that is due to a big hit in his BABIP but still worth noting. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Adam is my favorite Oriole of the last generation of O's.

But give me Adam's career PLUS a World Series win and I'll be more than happy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, canonfaz said:

Adam is my favorite Oriole of the last generation of O's.

But give me Adam's career PLUS a World Series win and I'll be more than happy. 

Mine too. There was some fringe guys that I really liked, like CaJo, David Lough, Nate Mclouth, and Hyun Soo Kim, but Adam was the best. When he’s done, I hope he comes back to Baltimore as some kind of goodwill ambassador or something.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

Mine too. There was some fringe guys that I really liked, like CaJo, David Lough, Nate Mclouth, and Hyun Soo Kim, but Adam was the best. When he’s done, I hope he comes back to Baltimore as some kind of goodwill ambassador or something.

I really like Adam. 

9 minutes ago, weams said:

Oh. I don't think that is anywhere close to possible. He might be a Mauer. And that's a HOF career. 

I think you misunderstood me, yes that’s exactly what I was saying, that Adley(And my voice software is already getting the name correct!) will approach those guys.