Austin Hays called up

Luke-OH

17 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Hays coming on at CF really makes this lineup have above average potential for next year. Next year will be tank city again so we won’t see this till after the clock games with Mountcastle,

1. Villar SS S

2. Hays CF R

3. Mancini 1B R

4. Santander RF S

5. Mountcastle DH R

6. Nunez 3B R

7.  Alberto 2B R

8.  Smith Jr LF L

9.  Sisco C L

Severino, Ruiz, Stewart, Wilkerson

Villar will be gone, but if you could add Diaz to LF while Villar is here, whew we’d be real fun to watch. 

Nunez, Smith, Sisco are bad defenders. This lineup will be a sieve.

11 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Picked up 4 more at-bats tonight, as he walked in the 9th. At 124 with 2 games left, so has 6 at-bats remaining.

I think they should start him both games to keep the glove in CF and then situationally pinch-hit for him once he has the 6 ABs. Who knows--maybe he gets walked twice, a HBP, sac fly or such and can play both games in their entirety. After all, both Mancini and DJ (!) each got three walks this last game.

56 minutes ago, Philip said:

How many more bats can he have without losing his rookie eligibility for next year?

I am no longer local or a twitter kind of guy, has any one or can anyone ask the media or the coaching staff if they have considered this or talked to him about this.  I would find it stupid to have him go one over just for the sake of him playing.  I am not saying that I expect him to be in contention for ROY but I would like for him to have the choice and opportunity to do so.

9 hours ago, sevastras said:

I am no longer local or a twitter kind of guy, has any one or can anyone ask the media or the coaching staff if they have considered this or talked to him about this.  I would find it stupid to have him go one over just for the sake of him playing.  I am not saying that I expect him to be in contention for ROY but I would like for him to have the choice and opportunity to do so.

Agree totally

7 hours ago, wildcard said:

I am sure Elias/Hyde know what they are doing with  Hays.

Hays is hitting excellent vs righties (1.323 OPS).   But he only has a .258 OPS vs lefties.   Eduardo Rodriguez is starting on Sunday.  So I expect Hays to sit again him.

I wouldn’t make too much of that split.    Hays was much better vs. LHP than RHP in both 2017 (1.133/.833) and 2018 (.828/.643).    He was a bit better vs. RHP in the minors this year (.671/.790), but I wouldn’t be pigeonholing him as a platoon player at this point by any means, and certainly not based on his 24 PA vs. LHP in the majors this year.  

That said, i really don’t care if Hyde keeps him rookie-eligible or not.    I just hope he has a season next year that would be worthy of ROY consideration if he were eligible, regardless of whether he’s actually eligible.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, wildcard said:

I am sure Elias/Hyde know what they are doing with  Hays.

Hays is hitting excellent vs righties (1.323 OPS).   But he only has a .258 OPS vs lefties.   Eduardo Rodriguez is starting on Sunday.  So I expect Hays to sit again him.

He has 22 at bats against lefties.  Did you write this just to try to show that Brooks' last 32 innings are a massive sample and completely meaningful?

Elias/Hyde are using Hayes' September splits against lefties to make decisions in the same way they're using astrology.

27 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

He has 22 at bats against lefties.  Did you write this just to try to show that Brooks' last 32 innings are a massive sample and completely meaningful?

Elias/Hyde are using Hayes' September splits against lefties to make decisions in the same way they're using astrology.

You may be on to the next big thing.  Astrology and tarot card readings to figure out who is playing each game and who to pick in the draft.