vs. MARINERS, 9/20

OFFNY

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I'm calling all heaps of bull$%@% here.  

You will see Chris Davis strike out looking before the season is over.  Just like you have time and time before.

Oh I’ve course I watch tomorrow, and the next day, I always watch until the season is over, but when those silly interviews show up I turn off the TV and switch back to Hunter and Olson And believe me, that is a sacrifice.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

You're a strange guy, Ace.  

I don’t know why, if you would rather watch an interview then a game that is being played right now, then you prefer the interview to baseball. I want to focus on the game. I will watch the interview later, and the interview will be completely fresh and anew anytime I want to watch it but you can only watch a live sporting event when it is live.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

I don’t know why, if you would rather watch an interview then a game that is being played right now, then you prefer the interview to baseball. I want to focus on the game. I will watch the interview later, and the interview will be completely fresh and anew anytime I want to watch it but you can only watch a live sporting event when it is live.

I find it interesting that you're getting this riled up about it.  But to each their own.

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I find it interesting that you're getting this riled up about it.  But to each their own.

I’m not riled about it. It’s annoying and should be one of the most basic “don’t do this” parts of TV sports broadcasting. It’s amateurish. In general the Os broadcasting team isn’t very good and this makes them look worse. I’m really not joking when I compliment the Rangers Radio guys. They are really good( the TV guys not so much)

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

I’m not riled about it. It’s annoying and should be one of the most basic “don’t do this” parts of TV sports broadcasting. It’s amateurish. In general the Os broadcasting team isn’t very good and this makes them look worse. I’m really not joking when I compliment the Rangers Radio guys. They are really good( the TV guys not so much)

Ithink about 99% of people disagree. ? To each his own.

2 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Ithink about 99% of people disagree. ? To each his own.

Fair enough. But the point is clear. To watch a baseball game is to watch something unfolding before your eyes. Whatever happens, you don’t know until it happens. That’s why we watch.

An interview is a conversation and can be watched at any time. It is not diminished in value by being watched after the game. 

Now think about the game play during the interview. A small square to one side of the screen to make room for the talking heads. No play by play, no commentary at all. Now imagine watching that for nine innings while people talk about baseball on the side.

if you think there’s no difference between that and saving the interview for post-game, well then, I’ve nothing more to say.

but it’s ok. We are watching on different sets and all’s well.

and we won tonight and Davis even had multiple hits.

good game!