As Long As Fort McHenry watches over the Harbor, The Orioles will be in Baltimore.

weams

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

My apologies for saying something incorrect.

4 blocks away, is not quite the same thing.

I was being a bit facetious.    All those incidents were horrible.   You were technically incorrect, but right on the money for all practical purposes.   

15 minutes ago, esmd said:

Yeah, glad he said it, and I wouldn't expect him to say any different.  I also think the Nashville and Vegas rumors are unmitigated BS.

for the naysayers and conspiracy theorists, yes, we all know Irsay lied about moving the Colts.  And we all know PGA famously undelivered on several promises for a competitive team, but I wouldn't say he outright lied.

The O's aren't going anywhere.  I just hope Elias can get things turned around soon so we can get butts in seats at OPACY again.  Hoping they can be pushing for .500 in the 2021 season.  I expect at least 90 losses against next year.

That won't get fans back. 

4 minutes ago, weams said:

That won't get fans back. 

That's a pretty major blanket statement.  Some probably won't, but some will.  We can debate the % ad nauseum, but we won't really know until it happens.  Let's be honest though - if they can replicate what the Astros and Cubs have done in the next 4-5 years, seats will be filled.  Shoot, if they can fill seats after wandering in the desert from 1998-2011, they can do it after an effective rebuild.  It's up to the O's, Elias, and company to do their part.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, esmd said:

That's a pretty major blanket statement.  Some probably won't, but some will.  We can debate the % ad nauseum, but we won't really know until it happens.  Let's be honest though - if they can replicate what the Astros and Cubs have done in the next 4-5 years, seats will be filled.  Shoot, if they can fill seats after wandering in the desert from 1998-2011, they can do it after an effective rebuild.  It's up to the O's, Elias, and company to do their part.

they said, fans would not came back after that big strike, and eventfully quite a few of those, did finally come back.

1 hour ago, esmd said:

Everyone loves an underdog success story.  If the O's go 60, 75, 90 wins in 2020-22 there will be people in the stands who haven't watched baseball since 2012.  The Orioles gained 800k in attendance from 2011-14.  The Royals went from 1.6M to 2.7M in five years.  The Pirates went from 1.5M to 2.5 in about the same period.  All because of winning.

And all of them have lost about the same amount from collapses in the standings. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2019 at 10:03 AM, esmd said:

I think a .500ish team certainly would draw significantly more than the current version.   But by “significantly,” I mean 100-250,000 more in the first year.

15 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Build it, and they will come.

The Yard was rabid in September of 2012. We were there, and it was REALLY exciting.

o

I remember the 4-game series against the Yankees ........ the place was roaring orange.

o