Who is your substitute team this October?

Philip

I told you that when the playoffs come, the Twins were not going to be no match for the Yankees. 

Houston is my playoff team because I think they’re the only team that’s keeping the Yankees from a title. I don’t believe anybody in the NL, including the Dodgers, will beat the Yankees in a 7 game series. 

6 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

I told you that when the playoffs come, the Twins were not going to be no match for the Yankees. 

Houston is my playoff team because I think they’re the only team that’s keeping the Yankees from a title. I don’t believe anybody in the NL, including the Dodgers, will beat the Yankees in a 7 game series. 

I don't think many folks thought the Twins were the better team.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think many folks thought the Twins were the better team.

There were a few that I recalled that said they hit a ton of HR’s and look at their record. 

As good as Minnesota was in the regular season, I never thought of them as anything other than a great regular season team. They “might” win game 3 and that will be it. 

7 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

There were a few that I recalled that said they hit a ton of HR’s and look at their record. 

As good as Minnesota was in the regular season, I never thought of them as anything other than a great regular season team. They “might” win game 3 and that will be it. 

That is correct, I heard more than one comment to the effect that Minnesota had such a good record because it was in a division with two 100-loss teams. That might be a little bit unfair, but it might also be completely correct.

My default other teams are the Dodgers and Tigers (I have baseball scars).Outside of those two It takes me a few innings or games into the playoffs before I pick teams. And the teams change as things progress. I like to pick a team in each game to root for. I find it more fun than being purely agnostic. It is the best of both worlds: root for a team to win but not really care if they don’t!

So far I am/was a fan of the:

A’s

Nats

Braves

Rays
Twins

I know this is sacrilegious, but I am most lukewarm about the Twins. I don’t know why, but I can’t get excited by them. Plus a dark part of me wants the Yankees to add to their glory so that when we (in some distant, perhaps dystopian future) humiliate them it will be that much sweeter.