O's announce player dev partnership with K-Motion

interloper

I started listening to Patrick Jones' podcast after I heard he was hired by the O's. After listening to a few, you can tell how much of an art hitting really seems to be. Of all people, Kevin Youkilis was particularly interesting. He (and others) talked about not becoming too mechanical, which some of this technology could make happen if not properly understood. He talked about in game adjustments, hitting off balance and the importance of your own personal cues for timing or fixing your mechanics. Really interesting. Most of the guests talk about the individual hitter needs as opposed to building a robot like hitter. 

So this technology is important, but it still exists in a realm of maximizing the individual, not completely changing him.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

So happy that Elias is here.  This would have never happened under the old regime.  Never ever.

Remains to be seen if it provides value but at least they're trying new things and trying to see what works and what doesn't.  

Moose,

I think more importantly, it signifies that the boys are here and in charge, it would have never happened under daddy. IMO

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

So happy that Elias is here.  This would have never happened under the old regime.  Never ever.

Remains to be seen if it provides value but at least they're trying new things and trying to see what works and what doesn't.  

"Electron faeries dancing on copper wires. That's WITCHCRAFT! We'll have none of that malarkey."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1