It's Our Time!

connja

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

What's his spin rate?

Arranging deck chairs.

Print the playoff tickets! 

Has the world come to this?  atomic said the same thing a page back, and I actually positive repped the post.

It is true that no transaction is small enough to avoid mocking that it isn't the next Scherzer signing.

Just now, DrungoHazewood said:

Has the world come to this?  atomic said the same thing a page back, and I actually positive repped the post.

It is true that no transaction is small enough to avoid mocking that it isn't the next Scherzer signing.

We have nothing of significance to talk about with this team, and we just watch the Nats get the WS Trophy.

1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Sorry I didn't know or I wouldn't have repeated.

I don't think it's even meant sarcastically, someone says it because it is the expectation that someone says it.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I don't even get why that would bother folks.  But to each their own.

it doesnt brother me, well, it does tweak a bit, that it wasnt the Orioles that took home the Mirror Ball (DWTS toss in).

Typically Oriole off season, nothing going on to talk about,  and we get bored.

8 minutes ago, atomic said:

I think that should be "rearranging the deck chairs"  which is probably the most accurate reply in most cases.

I don't like mocking transactions just because they are likely to have little or no impact to the success of the major league team.  The Nats' and Astros' AA teams have to have utility infielders, too.  Do their fans react with howling and cackling when they acquire one?

I guess folks would prefer that nobody is competing with Stevie Wilkerson in the spring?  Or that the O's should skip all acquisitions that don't add 3-4 wins this year?

29 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sorry I didn't know or I wouldn't have repeated.

I don't think it's even meant sarcastically, someone says it because it is the expectation that someone says it.

I was just amazed that atomic jumped in with a semi-insightful post before you got to it.  But then he made up for it by talking about how most Elias transactions are rearranging the deck chairs and correcting you for not phrasing it right.