Season tickets are up- new rewards/digital

eddie83

4 hours ago, Dipper9 said:

I may be in the minority here, but I'm disappointed.  We are clearly in a rebuild, as admitted by every member of the Orioles Management Team, so why are ticket prices not lowered while we rebuild?  Why am I expected to keep paying major league prices for an inferior product?  The Mrs really wants to renew, but I am having my doubts.  I didn't have much fun watching 15 losses in 20 games last year.  I can watch for "free" at home and just go to a few games.  I can't say a Why Not t shirt or any other reward giveaway is going to make me want to pay for a season plan.

Convince me Orioles Hangout.  Convince me Orioles Management.  Somebody convince me!!!!

Last season tickets on stubhb were significantly higher than in years past. The cheapest seats were running $20+ for most games. I'm not sure if this was due to price control, or due to the fact that there weren't as many upper level season ticket holders selling their seats at rock bottom prices. Prior to last season the cheapest tickets on SH for most games were right around $10, sometimes even less. As a result, I literally went to one home game last season.

3 hours ago, josh35b said:

Yes, the little league classic, thanks guys.

You are right that the FGH was $8 and A/BC/D/N were $10, however it has always been $8 for any lot for season ticket holders, at least as far back as I can remember. You used to be able to trade in parking dollar for dollar, so if you gave them a parking pass, they gave you an $8 credit that you could use towards tickets or parking. Last year they said they could only swap parking for parking because they had some new company take over the lots or something. When I traded in a BC, they would try to give me another BC if they had it, otherwise I would get FGH. My guess is they increase day of game cash parking to $15, maybe $12 for FGH. Curious though, that's just a guess on my part.  

The equivalent to Lot A at Nats Park costs more than $40.    There’s nothing anywhere within a 15 minute walk for less than $25.   So, I’ll live with the price hike, which as was said, is the first parking increase in many, many years.   

8 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

I was on the fence about renewing. The rewards pushed me over the edge. I really, really, enjoyed the batting practice at the stadium last year. I will have the memory a long time of making solid contact (hearing the crack of the bat and not feeling anything in the hands because I hit it squarely) and hitting a clean liner to left with a MLB player's bat (Cedric Mullins) at Camden Yards (with Al Bumbry pitching!). My wife was super jealous and we are looking forward to doing the Field Day together this year.

Living right next to the stadium, my costs are significantly lower, but between the rewards, free MLB.tv (though I would prefer free milb.tv even though it is cheaper) sitting in the front row of my section in the upper deck right behind the plate, and being able to trade for other games on a dollar-for-dollar basis (we don't go to any non-giveaway games that are priced higher than classic), they got my money for at least one more year.

I got sticker shock in Texas, where the equivalent seats for the Orioles/Rangers game (and some other games while I was there) were 30-50 more than my seats.  Then I looked and saw that the Orioles have one of the lowest season ticket costs in MLB, and have the best exchange if you can't make the games.  

The new benefits/points system looks good too.  For years I thought we were behind on giveaways and a points-based rewards system, and they made the right tweaks after the first year to add some more items and give us rewards for coming to the games, etc.  

19 hours ago, weams said:

It depends if you are living paycheck to paycheck with an unsure future. If you are still going to Disney, I'd  suggest that  doing what the wife wants almost always works out.  We are not going to win now or next year. You may get to see the gestational phases of the next core at the major league leve. Like when we saw Manny. And Wieters. And even Nick Markakis. Adam Jones at age 20. That kind of stuff.  At least you won't be watching Jay Payton. 

See Folks...Weams has the keys to my heart!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Asked a couple questions of my rep, here are the responses: 

1.) Friday and Saturday early access to seating bowl.  Will not be renewed due to lack of participation 

2.) Gate time for the 6:35 pm games.  Gate times will remain 5:00 pm, so we miss out on the Orioles portion of BP, and on days when they leave early, the visiting team may have already started.  For the 28 game package, we have four 6:35 pm games on it.  

3.) Trading parking passes.  Yes, this can be done.  Recommended to trade weeks in advance for weekend games, and to work with the rep who can make it easier.  

4.) Is there an event taking the place of STH appreciation day?  Yes, be on the lookout for an announcement soon about at Camden yards in December.  Also planning to do a series of events throughout Maryland in January 

5.) Return of social media nights.  There is no decision yet either way, but they mentioned a couple points-based system events that are similar- meeting with baseball ops, selfie day, BP on the field.  

I have to say, I am a bit bummed that the gate times aren't moving to 4:30.  It's a real bummer not to see the Orioles for BP, and with the fact that they end early, if fans want to see guys like Aaron Judge, Mookie Betts, Mike Trout or other names, they could already have hit by the time we come in.  

Also this essentially confirms that STH appreciation day and FanFest are dead in the water. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/20/2019 at 7:14 PM, ThomasTomasz said:

I have to say, I am a bit bummed that the gate times aren't moving to 4:30.  It's a real bummer not to see the Orioles for BP, and with the fact that they end early, if fans want to see guys like Aaron Judge, Mookie Betts, Mike Trout or other names, they could already have hit by the time we come in.  

In the case of Judge and Trout, the O's don't have any 6:35 home games against the Yankees or Angels this year, so seeing their BP shouldn't be affected.

• Upvote 2