Bundy traded to Angels for Isaac Mattson, Kyle Bradish, Zach Peek, and Kyle Brnovich

MurphDogg

14 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Brnovich is a Karinchak starter kit. Practically the same pitcher in college.

Peek is the ceiling arm. 

Bradish is the Baumann type, could be a big stuff guy but with a delivery and command that make some think bullpen. 

It's completely a bet that Holt and crew can develop pitchers. 

This looks like a very nice return to me.

Just now, Frobby said:

I’ll wait to see what else Elias does this offseason.   But right now, I’d say 50 wins.    Maybe fewer.   

Thing that worries me is even a modest regression by Means. He outperformed some of his stats last year. Cobb is the real wildcard here. Could be a serviceable pitcher or total bust. 

3 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I wish Dylan well but his career here has been disappointing.  

There have been 55 #4 overall picks.  Kevin Gausman, Jeffrey Hammonds, and Dylan Bundy are 16th, 17th, and 18th all time in career value.  And Gausman and Bundy still might have a good bit left in their careers.

So like most draft picks they've done much better than average among their peers, and are widely thought of as disappointing.

• Upvote 2

Just now, DrungoHazewood said:

There have been 55 #4 overall picks.  Kevin Gausman, Jeffrey Hammonds, and Dylan Bundy are 16th, 17th, and 18th all time in career value.  And Gausman and Bundy still might have a good bit left in their careers.

So like most draft picks they've done much better than average among their peers, and are widely thought of as disappointing.

It’s amazing when you show these numbers. Gives great perspective on just how hard it is to be a good player. 

Here's some video...

Brnovich- the slider is actually a knuckle curve, Fastball 88-92, has been up to 94 in the past

Bradish - has a slider that wasn't shown here, has been up to 96 with the fastball, you can see the unique release angle

Peek - he has a little used 4S that we’ll be seeing more of

Mattson - there is footage after the interview

• Upvote 2