Bundy traded to Angels for Isaac Mattson, Kyle Bradish, Zach Peek, and Kyle Brnovich

MurphDogg

Just now, DrungoHazewood said:

They've probably lost 6-7 wins the last few days.  But if they'd stuck with Villar and Bundy and paid them about $15M they'd still have probably lost 2-3 wins.

Next season is both predictable and unpredictable.    It’s predictable we’ll be bad.    Exactly how bad can still vary by a lot.    

44 minutes ago, TheOtherRipken said:

What is your basis for calling the 3 pitchers non-prospects?

Also in response to your Rule 5 analysis, would you have used the #2 pick on him? Would he be available in the second round at #2? Do you think he is worth keeping on the O’s roster the entire year?

I’m not sure what facts in this trade are upsetting you.

I’m not upset and I didn’t indicate any upset.

1) As I stated, Mattson has an FV 35, at AA and 24, and because he is obviously the main part of the trade, it is logical to think that the other players, whoever they are, have less FV than he does.

2) Is the second pick in the rule five draft worth more than Bundy? By trading Bundy for a guy they could’ve gotten with the second round in the rule five draft, the Orioles are saying “yes”  and I disagree with that. 

I’m not upset at all, as I said, I had to digest it, and when I wrote it, I didn’t know any details.

But I did say that trading one of your major trade pieces, and one of your only reliable starters, for a guy you can get for free in the Rule 5 draft( unless the Tigers take him first oh no!) appears to be very poor logic.

I may change my mind after hearing about the other guys we pick up, but at first glance, this appears to be selling very low. 

Just now, Philip said:

1) As I stated, Mattson has an FV 35, at AA and 24, and because he is obviously the main part of the trade, it is logical to think that the other players, whoever they are, have less FV than he does.

Just because his name was the first to be announced and he's pitched at the highest level doesn't mean he's the main part of the trade.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philip said:

2) Is the second pick in the rule five draft worth more than Bundy? By trading Bundy for a guy they could’ve gotten with the second round in the rule five draft, the Orioles are saying “yes”  and I disagree with that. 

I’m not upset at all, as I said, I had to digest it, and when I wrote it, I didn’t know any details.

But I did say that trading one of your major trade pieces, and one of your only reliable starters, for a guy you can get for free in the Rule 5 draft( unless the Tigers take him first oh no!) appears to be very poor logic.

I may change my mind after hearing about the other guys we pick up, but at first glance, this appears to be selling very low. 

1.   I don’t think Mattson is the main piece of this trade.   

2.   He was not going to be available in the Rule 5 draft.   In fact, one of the main attractions to him is that he’s reached AAA but does not need to be protected on the 40-man roster.    

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Should I take my Baysox Bundy Bobblehead off the mantle?  Or at least dust it?

It would make a nice bookend to my Chris Ray Baysox bobblehead. It needed a little super glue a few years back, but it’s still going strong. There’s probably a metaphor in there somewhere...

• Haha 1

Just now, mdbdotcom said:

Good as gone?

Well, Elias has certainly put out an “open for business” sign.    But he’s a guy we need to get a good return for to trade.    In a way he’s a good trade candidate since Mountcastle could fill his spot.