Bundy traded to Angels for Isaac Mattson, Kyle Bradish, Zach Peek, and Kyle Brnovich

MurphDogg

3 hours ago, LookinUp said:

I still follow that guy on twitter. Very active in politics. Still comments on the O's, at least on twitter. Don't know if he still has that message board. I'm guessing he didn't really get any traffic.

He had three posters. And then it was just him. 

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

The interesting thing will be to see if he's correct over the next 3-5 years. I find it all fascinating. 

Right. It reflects a gravitas about his scouting/player development chops. 

At some point, this process will have to include bringing in some high quality talent through FA or trade. Even Tampa isn't fully home-grown.

Just now, LookinUp said:

Right. It reflects a gravitas about his scouting/player development chops. 

At some point, this process will have to include bringing in some high quality talent through FA or trade. Even Tampa isn't fully home-grown.

But it is fully targeted. 

2 minutes ago, weams said:

He had three posters. And then it was just him. 

I give the guy a certain amount of credit. He has strong opinions. Had passion about this baseball stuff and tried to build his own thing when it became clear this place wasn't for him.

Now he's into politics, so I pity him. (kidding, sort of) I'm glad he has a thing. 

2 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I give the guy a certain amount of credit. He has strong opinions. Had passion about this baseball stuff and tried to build his own thing when it became clear this place wasn't for him.

Now he's into politics, so I pity him. (kidding, sort of) I'm glad he has a thing. 

I met him. 

Just now, wildbillhiccup said:

It's amazing how the quotes / sound bites / clips that support your agenda always seem to magically disappear. 

They haven’t disappeared. The interview was  played by 105.7 FM.

so how would I have it? 

And the Sun Articles were posted with links

43 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Smoak's a strange player. Seems like a middling power hitter, but when you look under the hood he flirts with a .350 OBP most years. 

Most years = 2017-2019 (.355, .350 and .342) and precisely zero years the rest of his career from 2010-2016. His OBP in those years from high to low was .334, .323, .314, .307, .299(!), .290(!!!), and .275 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

59 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Post the sound bite.

Roll Tide is correct.    It was quoted by Melewski:

Baltimore had a number of names in mind. Those are the players they had targeted. As we kind of worked through the deal, that is how it evolved.

“If their approach was quantity, we were open to that. If their approach would have been one player and aiming somewhere different, we would have entertained that too. We kind of worked through the deal and this was ultimately where it went. We didn’t have a target list of guys we wanted to utilize in this trade. Those guys are talented. Quite frankly, you give up players you just recently drafted, that can go in a number of directions. Every deal hurts. This one is no different.”

https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2019/12/appreciating-dylan-bundy-and-some-quotes-from-the-other-side.html

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I just read Last month and half of his Twitter after you posted this.  Seems pretty reasonable points.  He supports a candidate and posts about him.  It isn’t the typical political rants you read from people that gets half the  the readers of it angry.  I never had an issue with his posts on here.  

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Roll Tide is correct.    It was quoted by Melewski:

Baltimore had a number of names in mind. Those are the players they had targeted. As we kind of worked through the deal, that is how it evolved.

“If their approach was quantity, we were open to that. If their approach would have been one player and aiming somewhere different, we would have entertained that too. We kind of worked through the deal and this was ultimately where it went. We didn’t have a target list of guys we wanted to utilize in this trade. Those guys are talented. Quite frankly, you give up players you just recently drafted, that can go in a number of directions. Every deal hurts. This one is no different.”

https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2019/12/appreciating-dylan-bundy-and-some-quotes-from-the-other-side.html

Thanks Frobby

3 hours ago, weams said:

Some folks just want to fight. 

@weams I don't need to post here! I do so because I like it and have found the information, friends, and conversation worth it. I'm not trying tp fight with anyone. But I refuse to eat a lot of crap from a guy that is clearly trolling!   And why is he doing so? Not because I did something to him. For the simple reason that he doesn't share my point of view and or cant convince me to change my mind.

The poster replies to my every post with an insult or complaint about repeating the same information. Then publicly, uses the time out crack as he lobbies for my suspension. In spite of the fact that I had broken no rules, just that he adamantly disagrees with my position. Then follows a post asking for a link from something that was played on the radio (that Frobby provided as back up later). When I inform him of such, he questions my integrity with the disappearing quote crack. I can't see how anyone could possibly blame me for my reaction. My mention of a time out was just mocking his comment to you from a day earlier.

I do my very best to post honestly and don't pull crap out of the sky. I can usually find a reference for the claim I've made such as the Sun articles that I posted the other day.

You and I have been at odds on most points since Monday.I remind myself that we don't always have to agree because it indeed a message board. It's not personal and I certainly hope that you don't take it that way.

• Upvote 1