Rule 5: Brandon Bailey - RHP -Astros

baltfan

27 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

@Luke-OH Curious where Bailey would fit in the O's top 30 when you have time. 

Umm, he’s a tough one because the best role for him IMO is a once through the order opener.

He’s a better version of Sedlock, the arsenal to start but lacking some of the other traits.  

He has a really unique trait, which could push him higher. He has a higher Bauer Units (RPM/MPH) on his fastball than anyone in the majors other than Dillon Maples who is about the same.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

• weams changed the title to Rule 5: Brandon Bailey - RHP -Astros
3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

So how does this work? Looks like we lost a closer with a 2 ERA. Garcia has been around only 4 years.

Minor League Baseball has him at 5-10, 175, so not a big guy.  He's made his 17 starts all three years in full season, and 5-8 relief appearances all three years - that seems like a plan to moderate in-season work.

So this'll be like if one of the Baysox starters from last year - Wells or Zimmermann I guess, figuring Kremer and Lowther to be a tick better - had to make the team.

3 hours ago, Philip said:

Well it looks like Sedlock is safe. No one else thought he was worth taking either.

This is exactly why I was snickering when I saw several media folks say that Sedlock was a lock to be protected. Everyone can have an opinion, but Mountcastle was a lock, Sedlock should have never have been considered a lock. Either they got bad information or they don't evaluate/analyze well.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This is exactly why I was snickering when I saw several media folks say that Sedlock was a lock to be protected. Everyone can have an opinion, but Mountcastle was a lock, Sedlock should have never have been considered a lock. Either they got bad information or they don't evaluate/analyze well.

They didn't even take Brett Cumberland! I saw two reports of the Tigers being locked on.