Rule 5: Brandon Bailey - RHP -Astros

baltfan

I assume Rucker is going to be looked at as a reliever (possible 2-3 inning option) in the Spring, but is Bailey in the same situation or will they try him out as a potential starter? Or are they not even going to worry about starters as much this year and piece things together more with multi-inning relievers and openers?

29 minutes ago, baltfan said:

He can really spin the ball, and I believe his fastball has the highest Bauer Units (RPM/MPH) of any available pitcher. This give the pitch big vertical hop and allows it to miss bats at the top of the zone despite only being a fringe average pitch velocity-wise.

This makes me a little nostalgic for when Steve Johnson's invisiball was beheld with a small sense of wonder.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-steve-johnson-0322-20130321-story.html

3 minutes ago, Whammer said:

This is like being a kid on Christmas morning. After weeks of anticipation and buildup, you open all your presents and ask "is that it?"   

I think if you are looking forward to the Rule 5 draft with "anticipation" you deserve to be a bit disappointed :)  

It's a bit nothing show for the most part.

• Upvote 1