Rule 5: Brandon Bailey - RHP -Astros

baltfan

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Well it looks like Sedlock is safe. No one else thought he was worth taking either.

I like it. He's probably not going to be an impact arm, but I enjoyed his revival last year and am interested in seeing where it goes. Would be cool to see him crack the 26-man at some point next season as an emergency bullpen arm or something.

• Upvote 1

Just now, interloper said:

I like it. He's probably not going to be an impact arm, but I enjoyed his revival last year and am interested in seeing where it goes. Would be cool to see him crack the 26-man at some point next season as an emergency bullpen arm or something.

Oh, I don’t mind, I just wonder who else we could have drafted at that spot who would’ve been a better choice, although At the time I had no opinion, and I don’t remember what the reaction was from the crowd, so I don’t know if it was considered a good selection or not.

Just now, luismatos4prez said:

So this Cespedes kid has to stay in AAA all year? Mashing in the AZL is cool, but that's a heck of a jump.

The MiLB phase doesn't have the same restrictions. I believe he can play anywhere. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, luismatos4prez said:

So this Cespedes kid has to stay in AAA all year? Mashing in the AZL is cool, but that's a heck of a jump.

Qualls said Cespedes, who’s primarily a corner outfielder, likely will be assigned to low Single-A Delmarva.

“Cristopher Cespedes had kind of a breakout season,” Qualls said. “He had a .930 OPS. Just a real interesting toolsy kid as a 21 year old. He still has a couple years of control and we liked a lot of his batted ball metrics and thought he was a nice addition to our system.”

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/12/orioles-select-bailey-and-rucker-in-rule-5-draft.html

Just now, bobmc said:

Qualls said Cespedes, who’s primarily a corner outfielder, likely will be assigned to low Single-A Delmarva.

“Cristopher Cespedes had kind of a breakout season,” Qualls said. “He had a .930 OPS. Just a real interesting toolsy kid as a 21 year old. He still has a couple years of control and we liked a lot of his batted ball metrics and thought he was a nice addition to our system.”

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/12/orioles-select-bailey-and-rucker-in-rule-5-draft.html

Does this mean until he's a minor league free agent? Would an add to the 40-man roster at some point negate that clock?