Mitchell twins are transferring

SteveA

I'm not sure I've ever seen players leave in the middle of a season. Saying that, in the famous words of Curly Bill, "Well, bye!"

They were awful and did not look like Div I players, that's on recruiting.

Second, the fact that it was a "mutual" decision most likely means Turgeon knew they were poor on the court, at practice, and probably in the classroom.

I think we can stop the talk of Turgeon's recruiting prowess. This past class looks pretty weak.

They may not have been that good, but now our frontcourt depth is pretty much gone. Marial better be healthy enough to contribute. Scott and Lindo are going to get lots of playing time.

I read the twins had conduct detrimental to the team, and Turgeon pretty much had to let them go.

My expectations on this season have gone south. Anything they achieve is a plus, even something as minimal as the Sweet 16. And that's sad. Maybe they can surprise? They still have talent, can Turgeon manifest that into success on the court? I have my doubts. Cheering for them.

Apparently they got in a fight with teammates.

They didn't show well, but Turgeon does nothing with bigs. Not sure why any bigs with options sign with Turgeon in the first place. Bruno Fernando had an NBA body and was really an exception, not even Turgeon could sabotage a body like that.

Anyway, give those minutes to Lindo and Scott. Probably better off short term but we're going to consistently have issues against teams with big, physical post players.

On 12/27/2019 at 11:36 PM, Tony-OH said:

I'm not sure I've ever seen players leave in the middle of a season. Saying that, in the famous words of Curly Bill, "Well, bye!"

They were awful and did not look like Div I players, that's on recruiting.

Second, the fact that it was a "mutual" decision most likely means Turgeon knew they were poor on the court, at practice, and probably in the classroom.

I think we can stop the talk of Turgeon's recruiting prowess. This past class looks pretty weak.

Next year's class is one committed 3-star PG Marcus Dockery right?

1 hour ago, Jagwar said:

Next year's class is one committed 3-star PG Marcus Dockery right?

Not sure as I don't really follow the recruiting process that closely. Saying that, i haven't read of any big recruits being linked to Maryland because i think it's getting around that Turgeon doesn't develop players well and his lack of success in the tourney is a tough sell to big time players. 

I'm resigned to the the fact the Terps basketball team will remain an underachiving bunch as long as Turgeon is here. I'll still try to watch them when i can, but I'm not spending my money to watch them or going out of way to watch the games like I've done in the past.

Wake me up when we have a new coach and I'll try to get excited over the program once again.

20 hours ago, vatech1994 said:

I really wondered if this was coming a few weeks ago.  Dakich made a point during a MD game to say that Bobby Knight had told him “never recruit both twins”.  It never works out.  Then he said he’d asked Turgeon how it had been and Turgeon told him “it wasn’t certainly wasn’t boring and he could tell a lot of stories”.  Dakich then stopped talking about it but he had more to say and decided to stop for some reason (producer in his ear, knew he couldn’t divulge, something).  It seemed pretty clear he was making a point.

The team went from happy to seriously not happy in like 3 weeks.  You could just see the body language change after the Orlando tourney win.  Was it this?  I have no idea.  I hope so.

Just heard this today about the Twins.  I said to a few friends, something is wrong (last couple games), was thinking we would hear something that could not yet be disclosed.  They definitely did not look like the same team to me those last couple of games, hopefully this truly was it and they can recover, move on and still have a good season with late tourney runs.  I am still optimistic, even with them being unable to put away Bryant away today.  

• 2 weeks later...