Idea: Offseason Hangout Night

Frobby

Was just privately bemoaning the lack of Fanfest, and thought to myself, what if we organized an offseason Hangout Night?   Nothing fancy, just some private room in Baltimore somewhere for OHers to have some drinks and dinner, and maybe we could get Tony (who I haven’t asked about this) to do a little Q & A.     

Anybody interested in this?     Post answers here, and list which of the following Saturday nights would work: Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22.   I’ll look into this if there’s enough interest.    

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Was just privately bemoaning the lack of Fanfest, and thought to myself, what if we organized an offseason Hangout Night?   Nothing fancy, just some private room in Baltimore somewhere for OHers to have some drinks and dinner, and maybe we could get Tony (who I haven’t asked about this) to do a little Q & A.     

Anybody interested in this?     Post answers here, and list which of the following Saturday nights would work: Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22.   I’ll look into this if there’s enough interest.    

I would try to do this from Virginia assuming could get a room in advance.

• Upvote 1

Right now, Feb 1, 8, and 22 are all good for me*.   The 22nd is also when the Orioles play their first preseason game.   I would definitely attend if something is organized.

*I do plan to go down to Virginia Tech for a Saturday basketball game and Feb 1 and 8 are under consideration/negotiation with my friends.

• Upvote 1

I'm interested.  If a Saturday, as a DC-area resident is a little easier if Columbia-ish depending on how many southerners are in the mix, but would try for Baltimore too if it ends up there. 

That first Saturday 2/1 is Super Bowl eve, which if Ravens advance as favored, might add some pizzazz to the evening (or be a big Oriole-related ask of Baltimore's fandom?).

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Frobby said:

If you guess want to do it in Sarasota...

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

There is a German Biergarten in Leesburg called Doner. They feature 24 beers on tap, 18 imported from Germany and 6 local craft beers. They have opened a sister operation in Frederick, just saying. (Bratwurst, currywurst, doner, schnitzel (pork or lamb). What could go wrong???lol

Once I see if there’s enough interest, I’ll poll that group on where.   Another thought I had was to do it in the afternoon of Saturday Feb. 22 if it turns out the spring training opener is televised.