Beltran Gift Giving

weams

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

I think it is disgusting that he is “negotiating his severance package” he is the most guilty one in the bunch, and although I can certainly understand major-league baseball taking no steps and against him for turning states evidence, the Mets should say, loudly and publicly,”The guy cheated, so we’re not gonna pay out one thin dime of his contract he’s out on his butt.”

Disgusting, really?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Elias is in the witness protection program here in Baltimore.  He's avoiding all this fallout.  

I am sure as soon as the next press conference happens he will be asked about it.  He should be working on a better response to it than his last one.  

Seems like Beltran is going to get the worst of this.  He doesn't have a proven track record like the other guys and he is also someone that was going to make the Hall of Fame. Now you can make a case he doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame:

0 MVPS

.279 Career hitter

435 Homes runs

2725 hits

Less WAR than Bobby Grich and Lou Whitaker.  In the same range as Graig Nettles , Dwight Evans, Buddy Bell and Kevin Brown.  

46 minutes ago, Philip said:

I think it is disgusting that he is “negotiating his severance package” he is the most guilty one in the bunch, and although I can certainly understand major-league baseball taking no steps and against him for turning states evidence, the Mets should say, loudly and publicly,”The guy cheated, so we’re not gonna pay out one thin dime of his contract he’s out on his butt.”

How? What we know is he did this as a player which is not punishable under union rules.  If the Mets wanted to wait it out and find the results of the Yankee investigation that I'm sure will soon come and may implicate Beltran, then I could see it being disgusting, but they justifiably feared the retaliation and Beltran can as of now use it to his benefit.  For all we know (though doubtful) he never did this with the Yankees last year.