Broadcasting changes

eddie83

6 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

I feel bad for Hunter as a person getting such a demotion, but as a viewer/listener I’m really glad they made this change. His enthusiasm was admirable but often ill-advised, like the little kid sitting next to you that freaks out over a late solo home run in a lopsided blowout loss. I swear you could almost hear Palmer rolling his eyes sometimes when they shared the booth. 

Joe Angel chiding Hunter over using such hyperbole as "three game hitting streak" was one of my favorite broadcast moments of recent Orioles history . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

He will get a job somewhere else after this year. He had announced college basketball also.He was told late about all the changes.

Hunter, who has been with the team since 1997 and last year served as the lead radio announcer and backup television broadcaster, is being moved to a new role with the broadcast. He declined to comment on the change.

Seems organization has a history of doing this stuff last minute. They did it with Reghi years ago.  

16 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Also you might see a little more positivity and more upbeat about the rebuild this year.Not Palmer and Thorne but the others promoting the spring camp and how well everyone  feels and how great the camp is this year with Hyde.Want this spin to get out to the average fan.

We have the hardest working coaching staff. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Roy is the biggest Brooks fan their is.

He said with the caveat of still bleeding Orange and Black.  Palmer's with this team every year.  Brooks hasn't been.  And that's ok, it's not a slam on Brooks. But Palmer's ties to the organization as it stands currently and for the past 10-15 years is what Roy meant, IMO.

Didn’t say it was a slam. Thought it may have been an oversight. And I didn’t know you had to be with the team every day to bleed black and orange.

On 2/21/2020 at 9:38 AM, Frobby said:

Wow, you are a longtime member of this site, aren’t you?    I’d completely forgotten about Mr. Hoffman.   Wasn’t he a retired law enforcement officer or something?   I’ve forgotten his first name, so maybe @Tony-OH, @weamsor @PaulFolkcan refresh our memories.     He loved to report on the guys who weren’t really prospects but baseball rats.    Good times!

Just reading through this so not sure if this was answered, but it was John Hoffman. He was awesome to have on staff back then because he did all the human interest stuff in the minor leaguers.

He's in St. Louis now with his wife.

• Upvote 2