Orioles Win 4-3 vs. Atlanta

weams

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

So weams, has anyone really impressed you so far?    Obviously it’s just anecdotal at this point.    

Hanhold looked good. Amstrong as well. I like Iglesias. Velasquez seems slick. Dilson Herrera is very good. Versatile. 

Stevie Wilkerson appears to be going through the motions and Mullins is the same as we saw last year. But he is pushing the base stealing. Hanser looks good in the field and Chris Davis is bulked. Holaday looks like a real catcher. 

A bunch of young pitchers look good. Real good.  All hard throwers though ;)

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, weams said:

Hanhold looked good. Amstrong as well. I like Iglesias. Velasquez seems slick. Dilson Herrera is very good. Versatile. 

Stevie Wilkerson appears to be going through the motions and Mullins is the same as we saw last year. But he is pushing the base stealing. Hanser looks good in the field and Chris Davis is bulked. Holaday looks like a real catcher. 

A bunch of young pitchers look good. Real good.  All hard throwers though ;)

Couple things I agree with. Hanhold only from my seeing him today. Me from the gamethread, "Very good inning for Hanhold. 95 heat and a decent slider. Always around the plate. Better than the hitters." Seems very poised, very veteran.

Been impressed several times by Holaday so far, both at the plate and behind it. Hell, I even learned to spell his name right already. ?

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Without the hat as a young man.800px-Cal_Ripken_Jr._in_1993.jpg

What year is the second picture from?  He looks quite a bit older than in the first one.

My dad and brother both went from having a pretty full head of hair at 17 to being mostly bald by 25.   Happily I escaped that fate, though my hair has definitely thinned considerably in my 50’s and early 60’s, and I’ve had a lot of gray for a long time.

1 hour ago, scOtt said:

Couple things I agree with. Hanhold only from my seeing him today. Me from the gamethread, "Very good inning for Hanhold. 95 heat and a decent slider. Always around the plate. Better than the hitters." Seems very poised, very veteran.

Been impressed several times by Holaday so far, both at the plate and behind it. Hell, I even learned to spell his name right already. ?

I have Holaday making the team over Sisco. It compensates for a few of my other choices.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

What year is the second picture from?  He looks quite a bit older than in the first one.

My dad and brother both went from having a pretty full head of hair at 17 to being mostly bald by 25.   Happily I escaped that fate, though my hair has definitely thinned considerably in my 50’s and early 60’s, and I’ve had a lot of gray for a long time.

He was 33 in that picture.  

Yeah my hair has thinned plenty now that I am in my mid 50s.  I had reddish blonde hair until I was 40 when it turned to become just blonde. Now it just keeps getting lighter and lighter blonde.

We all get older looking even if we don’t go bald at 30.  I worked at a restaurant when I was 19 and some guy from high school came in but I didn’t recognize him when he called my name as he was already bald at 19. That had to suck.