MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

interloper

Hogan to close all non-essential businesses in Maryland at 5PM today.  As I said I saw tons of people going to outdoor shops, gardening, bookstores, and bike shops yesterday just on  a short drive yesterday.  I am not sure why people can't understand the need to avoid doing this. 

53 minutes ago, atomic said:

Hogan to close all non-essential businesses in Maryland at 5PM today.  As I said I saw tons of people going to outdoor shops, gardening, bookstores, and bike shops yesterday just on  a short drive yesterday.  I am not sure why people can't understand the need to avoid doing this. 

Why were you out?  You were using up all of the good air.

48 minutes ago, MongoBoy said:

Why were you out?  You were using up all of the good air.

I drove to empty parking lot so my daughter could work on her bike riding.  A lot of closed businesses so easy to find one with no people anywhere near.  I jogged behind her while she rode her bike.  Good exercise for both of us. 

17 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

You make it so easy.  You set dial to either 11 or -1 on every single solitary issue.

This is an 11 situation.  I mean how hard is it to not see that?  Stay away from people that you don't live with. How hard is that?  

1 hour ago, atomic said:

I drove to empty parking lot so my daughter could work on her bike riding.  A lot of closed businesses so easy to find one with no people anywhere near.  I jogged behind her while she rode her bike.  Good exercise for both of us. 

so obviously the words of Gov Hogan to stay home, unless essential went through your ears and didnt pause to reflect on what they meant.

11 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

so obviously the words of Gov Hogan to stay home, unless essential went through your ears and didnt pause to reflect on what they meant.

The order says not to go to work unless you are in an essential business. The first sentence says it is not "shelter in place" and the whole thing is about which workplaces are closed. Does not say you need to be shut in your house 24/7. Even in SF and NYC you are allowed to get exercise and go to the grocery store.

22 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I am more close to people in my own back yard than a huge empty parking lot.  You need exercise to stay healthy.  I haven't been around someone outside my immediate family since last Monday night when I went grocery shopping at 11:30 PM and self-checked out. 

6 minutes ago, MongoBoy said:

tenor.gif

source.gif

I watched the movie "Teacher of the Year" which is a mockumentary last night.  This is a sequence of lines in the movie when the math teacher is being interviewed by the film crew:

"That is so cool. I mean... ... It's like... It's like we're... ...It's like Spinal Tap or something. It's like we're just teaching and you... ...guys are filming. It's a little creepy, but... I take my teaching, and I turn it up to 11. To 11. I was never really good at accents, but... Eleven... No? You don't know Spinal Tap? Wow."

10 minutes ago, MongoBoy said:

tenor.gif

source.gif

Paul Schaffer has a show on the AXIS channel called Paul Schaffer +1 where he sits at a piano and has a musical guest, and just talks about the history and creation of the guest's songs and his influences, etc.   For example  he had Donald Fagen of Steely Dan on recently.   The guest will sing parts of their songs and/or play the guitar and Paul will accompany on the piano.   And they'll discuss the influences and history of the artist.   Good show, I highly recommend it.   I don't know if it's on demand or not, but if your cable system includes AXIS, look it up.

Anyway, a recent episode had Harry Shearer on it, fully in the character of Derek Smalls, talking about the evolution of Spinal Tap as if it was a real band, going all the way back to Listen to the Flower People.   It was really fun.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, atomic said:

I am more close to people in my own back yard than a huge empty parking lot.  You need exercise to stay healthy.  I haven't been around someone outside my immediate family since last Monday night when I went grocery shopping at 11:30 PM and self-checked out. 

Makes sense to me. Enjoy the learning to bike phase...mine was afraid so it took a while but man that look of joy when they get it is great. She just kept saying how much more fun it was than she thought it would be. Sure beats staring at the TV.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Yes, but aren't they all?

For him, they certainly are... looking at data recently, the cases in New York - the new epicenter - have dropped drammatically.

Yesterday, there were 20,875 cases, up 5,085 from the previous day.  That is a 32% increase.  This morning, there was an increase of 2,355 cases, bringing NY's total to 23,230.  That is only an 11% increase.  Now of course I don't want any new cases, but since atomic likes to be realistic, the realistic thing is that there will never be 100% eradication of any virus.  Treatments are being found and are working - I believe we are approaching the peak and will see a drastic slide in cases as we enter April.