Orioles Sign Heston Kjerstad

weams

Just now, weams said:

I think it is relatively impossible to tell as the books are not open. We get most of our info from agents. Or agents agents in the media. 

Maybe the whole thing WAS orchestrated to save 300K. But I doubt it. Maybe they thought they needed a bit more flexibility than they did. 

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You are kidding right?  Boomer nostalgia concert ticket prices are high.  Fleetwood Mac tickets average $228 a pop and they peaked in 1977.

I really don't know the coin that pop stars command for paying private parties. I have never paid a penny for Blowfish or any sort.

I expect there were several dozen options of how the draft would play out for the Os.  It is somewhat amusing for folks to think it is important that all of them, or at least the one that actually played out, involved spending every $.

Let's also wait and see what Servideo signs for.  I thought there was an early report that he would be an overslot signing.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, weams said:

Maybe the whole thing WAS orchestrated to save 300K. But I doubt it. Maybe they thought they needed a bit more flexibility than they did. 

I think maybe they had their eye on someone with the first round compensatory pick who might have been a bit more expensive than Westberg, but that player didnt last until that pick.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't track it.  From what I've noticed yea, teams tend to spend it all.

I think it would just look worse for the O's if they don't.  Since they went with an underslot choice at #2 and they have been slashing payroll.

I'm surprised - just based on how difficult it would be to make all the negotiations add up exactly.  Where have you found that information?  

Just now, Ruzious said:

I'm surprised - just based on how difficult it would be to make all the negotiations add up exactly.  Where have you found that information?  

Just from looking at year to year spending from teams.  I haven't attempted to research it.  This year all I've looked at is the Os.  Interested to see where the Jays and Marlins end up.

5 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

The last guy to sign knows exactly how much you have left to spend.  He will certainly ask for all of it. Maybe he will settle for less it if it's a relatively "small" number and the deadline is approaching, it's probably not worth it for the team to draw a line in the sand over a small amount.