MASN coverage

bpilktree

14 hours ago, billw76 said:

I've been doing this for the last few years. PIA(Private Internet Access) VPN, an Nvidia Shield TV so I can download the PIA app, problem solved.

It costs me $125 or whatever the MLBTV season pass costs plus $6 a month for PIA, well worth it to be able to watch any game I want.

Can you PM me and help me do that?

14 hours ago, billw76 said:

I've been doing this for the last few years. PIA(Private Internet Access) VPN, an Nvidia Shield TV so I can download the PIA app, problem solved.

It costs me $125 or whatever the MLBTV season pass costs plus $6 a month for PIA, well worth it to be able to watch any game I want.

Are you sure that’s what PIA stands for? Because it sounds like it should stand for something else.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/11/2020 at 1:32 PM, MurphDogg said:

While we are complaining, MASN isn't airing the exhibition games. Seems like they would want to get the kinks worked out before Opening Day, but alas.

The O's play on the 19th in Philly, vs the National on the 20th and at the Nationals on the 21st. No tv or radio coverage.

I’m hoping the Phillies air that game in some capacity. So far no evidence that they are. 

I no longer subscribe to the all the different RSN’s on DirecTv but I saw on my guide yesterday the YES Network had a 3 hour Summer Camp program. They are showing the workouts live daily. 

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

I’m hoping the Phillies air that game in some capacity. So far no evidence that they are. 

I no longer subscribe to the all the different RSN’s on DirecTv but I saw on my guide yesterday the YES Network had a 3 hour Summer Camp program. They are showing the workouts live daily. 

Can't expect MASN to do something like that.   They'd have to preempt so much of their other quality programming.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Are Jim and Gary calling the games this year?

Before it got shut down the TV crew included Palmer, Thorne, Ben McDonald, Scott Garceau, and I think others but not Jim Hunter this year.  I am not sure how they will split up 60 games.  I heard Scott Garceau say today on the radio he was getting ready to back to work.  I think they are broadcasting the games not at the ballpark but I am not positive about that.  

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Any updates on any of this?  Any rumors for 2021 on streaming in-market Orioles games? 

With the advent of Peacock and ESPN+ much of the soccer I watch is now only streaming.  Used to be 2, 3, 4 Premier League matches on every Saturday, now most of them are on Peacock while NBCSports shows monster truck replays.  There was Bundelsiga on Fox Sports, now it looks like most of that is ESPN+.  And the lower division matches I like are only on @scOtt's dicey Russian sites. 

So I'm doing a Hulu/Peacock/CBS streaming trial this week.  Most of the stuff the kids watch is on Hulu.  Only thing that I don't think I can legally/easily get is the Orioles.  But I have six months to figure that out.  That streaming combination is $60-70 a month cheaper than DirecTV.