Welcome Back

weams

o

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIllllllllIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (OPENING DAY)

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIllllllllIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII *************

NEW YORK YANKEES

Aaron Hicks - CF

Aaron James "A.J."Judge - RF

Gleyber David Castro Torres - SS

Giancarlo Cruz Michael Stanton - DH

Brett Gardner - LF

Gary Sanchez - C

Louis Linwood Voit III - 1B

Giovanny Urshela - 3B

Tyler Wade - 2B

Gerrit Alan Cole - RHP ) (20-5, 2.50 ERA) ) * ))) *

* )) [HOUSTON ASTROS]

* )) Led the American League in ERA (2.50), ERA+ (185), Strikeouts (326), FIP (2.64), and Strikeouts-Per-9-Innings (13.818)

WASHINGTON NATIONALS

Trea Turner - SS

Adam Cory "A.C." Eaton - RF

Starlin Castro - 2B

Howie Joseph Kendrick III - DH

Eric Thames - 1B

Kurt Suzuki - C

Asdrubal Jose "A.J." Cabrera - 3B

Andrew Stevenson - LF

Victor Enrique Robles Brito - CF

Maxwell M. Scherzer - RHP ) (11-7, 2.92 ERA) ) *

* )) Led the National League in FIP (2.45), Strikeouts-Per-9-Innings (12.691), and Strikeouts-to-Walks Ratio (7.364)

https://www.baseballpress.com/Lineups

o

• Upvote 2

Baseball is a game of numbers...

In a season in which we get 60% of the games, the first game gave us 55% of the game.

The hyperbole we normally see at the beginning of a season is now sublimely kind of legitimate under normal circumstances..."Mike Stanton is on pace to hit 60 HRs this season."

I'm guessing, at 90 degrees, that's the hottest opening day we will ever see in D.C.

And we got to see Fauci throw out a very wild first pitch.  What can I say, the man doesn't want anyone to catch anything.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

"The comfort of the familiar." Lol, I watched some last night and didn't find the empty stadiums and cardboard cutouts particularly familiar or comforting. 

Honestly after the first couple at bats the lack of fans didn’t bother me at all. After 4 months of this I’ve become used to the abnormal. The game on the field looked about the exact same and that was comforting, no doubt about it.

• Upvote 1