Attention Chris Davis

SteveA

Just now, Il BuonO said:

Lol, athleticism, shape. Not that hard. Don’t overthink it.

You can be in shape, you know, low body fat, nice muscle mass, good cardiovascular health, and still be clumsy and nonathletic. 

I used to be in good shape when I was in the service, I was still crap at sports because I'm uncoordinated.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

You can be in shape, you know, low body fat, nice muscle mass, good cardiovascular health, and still be clumsy and nonathletic. 

I used to be in good shape when I was in the service, I was still crap at sports because I'm uncoordinated.

Chris Davis. Well paid professional athlete. 

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

What makes you think he can do the same?

Well if a former 1-1 pick who was considered a generational talent and has developed into a perennial all star and MVP candidate (and is still in his prime years) can do it, then surely anyone can

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

I disagree, he didn’t. He’s not good at bunting.

I agree he is not good at bunting. That said, he did place one well when he tried bunting. He was still thrown out. 

I am confused by your opinion regarding Davis bunting. Do you think Davis is a bad bunter, but that he should be bunting?

15 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

No offense to you. But to think he is going to be anything other than sub replacement is delusional. He has been the worst player in baseball for three years now. What else does anyone need to see?

That’s all well and good. It doesn’t make these types of posts anymore needed. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Gatoriole said:

I agree he is not good at bunting. That said, he did place one well when he tried bunting. He was still thrown out. 

I am confused by your opinion regarding Davis bunting. Do you think Davis is a bad bunter, but that he should be bunting?

One? Lol, ok. He got one down, so end the experiment? 

Look, he should have been working on it so it was in his tool bag. Much like his failure to make adjustments in his approach I don’t think he’s worked at it enough. It’s not so hard that he couldn’t make minimal improvements where there would be benefits. 

Davis claimed he had worked hard trying things the off-season before last, remember?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

One? Lol, ok. He got one down, so end the experiment? 

Look, he should have been working on it so it was in his tool bag. Much like his failure to make adjustments in his approach I don’t think he’s worked at it enough. It’s not so hard that he couldn’t make minimal improvements where there would be benefits. 

Davis claimed he had worked hard trying things the off-season before last, remember?

I still don't follow your point. He tried bunting more than once. He only placed one well. If you watched it was fairly apparent that bunting was not a good strategy for him. He did not look comfortable, did not place the ball well often enough, and when he finally placed a bunt well, he was still thrown out. 

You state that he isn't a good bunter. I assume that is based on some combination of the above. 

What is your point in this rant? That he isn't a good bunter, but he should be? That he would be a good bunter if he worked at bunting more?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gatoriole said:

I still don't follow your point. He tried bunting more than once. He only placed one well. If you watched it was fairly apparent that bunting was not a good strategy for him. He did not look comfortable, did not place the ball well often enough, and when he finally placed a bunt well, he was still thrown out. 

You state that he isn't a good bunter. I assume that is based on some combination of the above. 

What is your point in this rant? That he isn't a good bunter, but he should be? That he would be a good bunter if he worked at bunting more?

Calm down. I’ve hardly been ranting. I gave you a detailed explanation and you still don’t get it. So be it.