Orioles Win First Series 7-4

weams

http://www.orioleshangout.com/2020/07/26/series-deciding-match-in-boston/

Wade LeBlanc navigated Fenway as a left-hander for five and two-thirds innings. He allowed four runs on four hits (two homers) while striking out four. 

Miguel Castro got two outs while allowing the seeing eye grounder that inflated LeBlanc’s final line. Tanner Scott pitched a clean two out stint before the…

Cole Sulser era began. He pitched two final innings allowing no runs and recording six outs. He also covered for a Jose Iglesias error...

Who went four for five raising his batting average to .538. All bat. No glove. 

Hanser Alberto went two for four. His batting average now settling at .500 in the young season. 

Chris Davis collected his first hit of the year, raising his batting mark to .091. It was also a double which hit near the top of the Monster plating the Orioles final run 

Rio Ruiz and Anthony Santander homered.

• Upvote 3

Lot of lineup juggling so far.

I like Mullins coming in in the 7th or 8th as PR/D replacement. He can be very effective in this role.  He may bring more value than Stewart who I doubt is an upgrade over Mountcastle on the base paths or in the field.

48 minutes ago, weams said:

http://www.orioleshangout.com/2020/07/26/series-deciding-match-in-boston/

Wade LeBlanc navigated Fenway as a left-hander for five an two-thirds innings. He allowed four runs on four hits (two homers) while striking out four.

Miguel Castro and Tanner Scott each pitched clean two out stints before the…

Cole Sluser era began. He pitched two final innings allowing no runs and recording six outs. He also covered for a Jose Iglesias error…

Who went four for five raising his batting average to .538. All bat. No glove.

Hanser Alberto went two for four. His batting average now settling at .500 in the young season.

Chris Davis collected his first hit of the year, raising his batting mark to .091.

Rio Ruiz and Anthony Santander homered.

Castro gave up two runs that were charged to LeBlanc? I really wish they’d address that stat. LeBlanc really pitched well.

7 minutes ago, weams said:

He induced a ground ball. LeBlanc put the guys on.  

I understand that LeBlanc let them on, but Castro let them in.

I have always thought that saying a guy had a clean outing when he allowed a bunch of runs that count on someone else’s ledger Was disingenuous.

That’s why with relievers ERA isn’t very significant. 

7 hours ago, Philip said:

I understand that LeBlanc let them on, but Castro let them in.

I have always thought that saying a guy had a clean outing when he allowed a bunch of runs that count on someone else’s ledger Was disingenuous.

That’s why with relievers ERA isn’t very significant. 

The point is, Castro didn’t really do anything wrong.     He induced a grounder on a pitch that was about 4-6 inches off the plate, that happened to find a hole.   And yes, it’s too bad it affects LeBlanc’s ERA.    

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, survivedc said:

Lot of lineup juggling so far.

I like Mullins coming in in the 7th or 8th as PR/D replacement. He can be very effective in this role.  He may bring more value than Stewart who I doubt is an upgrade over Mountcastle on the base paths or in the field.

It seems to me with coming outfield logjam of Mountcastle, Diaz, Hays, Santander, and Kjerstad... Stewart is the odd man out unless he really cranks it up.

Awesome series.  Santander looked great defensively and offensively.  And I haven't seen an Oriole shortstop hitting like that since JJ Hardy.

Now we get a Miami team that just lost its RF, 1B, C, and a SP to a Covid quarantine.

I never thought I'd say it, but with the 16-team playoff, this might just be interesting.  The race to come in third place in the AL East and squeeze underservingly into the playoffs is on!

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

Awesome series.  Santander looked great defensively and offensively.  And I haven't seen an Oriole shortstop hitting like that since JJ Hardy.

Now we get a Miami team that just lost its RF, 1B, C, and a SP to a Covid quarantine.

I never thought I'd say it, but with the 16-team playoff, this might just be interesting.  The race to come in third place in the AL East and squeeze underservingly into the playoffs is on!

They have people in Bowie that can improve the back end of the roster too.