vs. D-RAYS, 8/01

OFFNY

o

I imagine that it feels pretty weird to have the ball go through your legs on a grounder, and you then immediately here a bunch of artificial cheers and clapping from the noise machine.

When real fans cheer in the same situation, the player making the error knows that the cheers are simply because the base-runner reached safely ........ when a machine does it, it probably feels like the operators of the noise machine are laughing at him.

o

2 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

No, historically good team defense, including the last couple.

I think it must just be my skewed sample. Whenever I watch them they make some mental mistake and the Rays announcers say something like “that’s the third time we’ve seen that over the last week, they need to stop doing that”

Just now, O-The-Memories said:

I'm listening online, they made it sound like a normal HR. What happened?

Nothing.  It was the next batter hit a routine medium fly ball, Dwight headed back to the fence like it might be another HR then had to race in to catch it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, O-The-Memories said:

I'm listening online, they made it sound like a normal HR. What happened?

I think he’s referring to the next play where he ran back to the wall before running in and catching the ball 20 feet in front of the warning track. Jump was way off timing wise on the HR too though. 

• Upvote 1