vs. D-RAYS, 8/01

OFFNY

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

And just like that, the bullpen blows a 3-run lead in the 8th again. Just not enough good arms out when you trade away Bleier and can't go to Givens and Sulser. without a strikeout pitch, Castro struggles with allowing inherited runners to score despite not pitching poorly.

Definitely needed a K.  That said weren’t really hit around hard that inning. 

Just now, Morgan423 said:

So, I know technically a few of those runs were "unearned," but could we please go ahead and charge them to Armstrong anyway, since he's the one who threw the ball into center field instead of to first base when the team is up by three in the 8th?  Thanks!

Agreed. I've always believed if the pitcher commits the error the runs should be earned.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Morgan423 said:

So, I know technically a few of those runs were "unearned," but could we please go ahead and charge them to Armstrong anyway, since he's the one who threw the ball into center field instead of to first base when the team is up by three in the 8th?  Thanks!

Might as well give him -1 WAR if we go on to lose.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

So who's coming into the 9th? No one left but Hess or Scott? Or Lakins?

oh what fun!!

Probably Castro stays in.  Unless they have lefties due, thenaybe Scott for the 2nd straight day.

And we have Hess, Lakins, and Eshelman for extra innings.  One is probably not available, being saved for length tomorrow if Milone doesn't last long.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Probably Castro stays in.  Unless they have lefties due, thenaybe Scott for the 2nd straight day.

And we have Hess, Lakins, and Eshelman for extra innings.  One is probably not available, being saved for length tomorrow if Milone doesn't last long.

R-L-R-R coming up. I would stick with Castro, maybe go to Scott if it gets to Choi and Tsutsugo.