Trying to Avoid the Sweep (vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/19)

OFFNY

For me to keep the level of respect I have for Chris Davis I need to hear between now and the next Orioles game that he has benched himself ..........NUFF SAID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Moshagge3 said:

I don't really get why Eshelman is in the eighth inning of a close game. He's a soft-tossing spot starter, like gee what a shocker he couldn't pick up the K with a guy on third and one out.

Armstrong, Givens, Scott and Castro pitched last night but were not pushed hard. I can see Lakins and Sulser not being available. 

15 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Just don’t get this. At all. Can see Lakins and Sulser not available. 

Maybe Hyde assumed (probably, correctly) that the O's won't score again, so he wants to save the pen.

A lot of guys who've been hot lately have been ice cold today, and we only get 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th anyway.

Also, this umpiring crew has been giving the Jays pitchers an enormous strike zone in the bottom of the 9th in the first two games, so I've no reason to believe that won't be the case today as well.