O's @ Rays 8-26

scOtt

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I bought an Orange Dew Melon the other day, oh man was it ripe, melt in your mouth.

Never been a big Watermelon fan.

I gotta look for that, I don’t think I have tried one. I try growing melons, but you have to actually have horticultural skills to get them to work in western Oregon.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Crazy how Santander walked after the sac bunt eh?

Yep, if you assume Alberto wouldn't have hit into a DP or some odd play where the lead runner Mullins got out... the sac bunt accomplished absolutely nothing in hindsight.

Just now, Beef Supreme said:

Once tomatoes start to turn red, they will continue to ripen in a dry, dark place.

I share that to help those of us who are harassed by birds and squirrels nibbling into our nearly vine-ripened fruits.

I got some vine ripe from my cousin last week. To. Die. For.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Yep, if you assume Alberto wouldn't have hit into a DP or some odd play where the lead runner Mullins got out... the sac bunt accomplished absolutely nothing in hindsight.

Well, it wasn't 100% a sac. Coulda worked better...

4 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I got some vine ripe from my cousin last week. To. Die. For.

I grow a particular SE PA heirloom that was lost for 100 years. 18 in the ground this year, all grown from saving my seeds from last year. Best I have ever eaten

Also, bought one Jet Star, which is a popular hybrid in South Central PA. Just picked my first one (a little premature) so I can compare the taste.