O's at Buffalo 8/31 2:07 pm

weams

34 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I seriously doubt the Blue Jay announcers know how many pitches Akin was throwing each time out in Bowie.

Through 4 innings he had allowed a walk and 2 hits and no runs.  And apparently Hyde did get Lakin up pretty quickly in the 5th as it went out, walk, double, pitching change.  But I guess you, Mr Hindsight, would have taken him out after the walk?  Or maybe after the out, because you sensed the walk coming?

NoI would’ve looked at his pitch count and said, “he’s had enough, I’m bringing him out now.” And I would not have let him start the inning.

The Toronto radio guys were not making stuff up, they said that the most he had thrown was 48 pitches. I don’t know what they were referring to, but I’m assuming they were talking about his outings so far this season, but That means he had thrown an extra 27 pitches, and for the guy’s very first start, it’s better to err on the side of caution. So yes, I would have taken him out at the end of the inning, and I’m not engaging in hindsight because I would always prefer to bring a guy out too early rather than leave him in too long.

It’s interesting that the very next inning, the Toronto radio guys were complaining that the Turano starter had been yanked too soon, because he was completely cruising and showing no signs of weakness. I thought it was interesting that with the one guy they said he should’ve been pulled sooner and with the other guy they said he should’ve been left in longer

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, Beef Supreme said:

Villar for Jay's #16 prospect, Griffin Conine, picked 52 overall in 2018. Hit 22 HRs in 80 games at A last year. Almost as much as Elias got for Villar in winter.

Two part question:

1) Is Griffin related to Jeff?

2) Do the Blue Jays have anyone in their system who isn't the son of a major leaguers?

1 minute ago, Philip said:

NoI would’ve looked at his pitch count and said, “he’s had enough, I’m bringing him out now.” And I would not have let him start the inning.

The Toronto radio guys were not making stuff up, they said that the most he had thrown was 48 pitches. I don’t know what they were referring to, but I’m assuming they were talking about his outings so far this season, but That means he had thrown an extra 27 pitches, and for the guy’s very first start, it’s better to err on the side of caution. So yes, I would have taken him out at the end of the inning, and I’m not engaging in hindsight because I would always prefer to bring a guy out too early rather than leave him in too long.

It’s interesting that the very next inning, the Toronto radio guys were complaining that the Turano starter had been yanked too soon, because he was completely cruising and showing no signs of weakness. I thought it was interesting that with the one guy they said he should’ve been pulled sooner and with the other guy they said he should’ve been left in longer

I think the Toronto announcers were talking about his MLB relief appearances only.  I repeat...they, not we, have any idea how many pitches he was throwi g every 5 days in Bowie.

Just now, Morgan423 said:

Why did we just pitch to Grichuk again?

Walk him and Guerrero... there are two empty bases and no one except the dude standing on third matters.

We walked him yesterday and it cost us.  I know today is a different situation.  

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

I think the Toronto announcers were talking about his MLB relief appearances only.  I repeat...they, not we, have any idea how many pitches he was throwi g every 5 days in Bowie.

I cannot tell you how happy I am to be lying here on the floor trying to ge my cat out from under the bed so I can give her a pill, while arguing about baseball.
Meanwhile, the Toronto guys were sharing accurate info. Who cares if they don’t know how many pitches he had at Bowie? Were they even playing real games in Bowie?
the difference between 48 in training and 75 in a real “this one counts” game is a big deal and no I wouldn’t have left him in and Hyde has no excuse for doing so except that he’s got nobody in the pen.

But if Elias would call up some prospects, Hyde would have better choices.

If the roster goes back to 25-26 next year, and Hyde has two fewer relievers, he’s gonna have a lot of trouble.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Cisco moves from DH to C?

Did Holaday hurt himself getting that double?

Pitcher gotta hit now.  Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Oh I see Holaday moves to 1B, Sisco to C from DH, Nunez to 3B, Ruiz to 2B.

So Hanser must have gotten hurt.