Os system up to 8th according to MLB.com

Sports Guy

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

That statement assumes that the opposite of the problem would be that they CAN develop talent.  And if they COULD develop talent, they'd be in the top 5 every year and graduating guys to the majors with no problems.

@Can_of_cornI have no idea what that picture means you weirdo.

The Orioles haven’t been bad at developing talent ...they’ve been awful!

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

I mean, the very top end were here but the main reason for being where we are is because of the depth of it.

I don't think that's necessarily the case.  Certainly depth helps, I would imagine that most ranking systems are weighted heavily towards your top 10 or so.  

Not to mention it could be argued Elias got more for relievers/meh pieces this deadline than Duquette got for School, Machado, etc. Which is pure insanity.

No disagreement there, I thought Duquette did a very poor job with that "firesale".

but we wouldn't be close to top 10 with the past regime these past couple years as far as farm ranking. Fairly confident in that

This is what I do not at all agree with.  The farm system was improving and building and much of the improvement has come from guys that were already in the system.  I certainly give Elias credit for helping to continue to build and improving on what was there but he didn't inherit a totally barren system.  Mountcastle, Rodriguez, DL Hall, Hays, Diaz - these guys are a significant reason for the improved ranking and were already here.  You probably are safe to assume that they would've drafted Rutschman as well.  I'm just saying sure, give Elias some credit, but he's not single-handedly responsible for this.

18 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Well, it's pretty boring right now, not much else to talk about.  So I'll blame Dan.

Blaming Dan is almost always the best choice, followed closely by blaming Buck, and followed after that by blaming whichever player is going badly at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

Blaming Dan is almost always the best choice, followed closely by blaming Buck, and followed after that by blaming whichever player is going badly at the moment.

Well some think that it was a bad idea to go the pu pu platter approach on the Manny trade, that we somehow could have gotten like, 1 legit stud prospect instead.  

Anyway, I think Kremer will turn out to be the best part of that trade.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Well some think that it was a bad idea to go the pu pu platter approach on the Manny trade, that we somehow could have gotten like, 1 legit stud prospect instead.  

Anyway, I think Kremer will turn out to be the best part of that trade.

I think if Mike gives Diaz a couple more years in AA to round out his game he'll turn into a fine player.

• Upvote 1